Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Resolution

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next

I finally managed to finish this after giving it a few times before; very well done! Cookie for you! 5/5 excellent!

sicklebrick wrote:
Here's my challenge mode solution.
Doubt it's legit, but I did the waterbottle rescue side quest, so I'm a hero either way.

Hahahaha... Awesome Sick!! :notworthy: All that flinging stuff is really cool!

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Sicklebrick - are you ever gonna do something the intended way ?
I get the feeling you were the kid in school . . . cuttin' classes, smokin' weed, and acing the SAT. I only did the first two - LOL

I must ask Farmerino (this is for the challenge version) - does the intended solution involve angling the laser ?
That's a small ask which would save me a lot of time. You see, I am trying all sorts of angles including aiming the laser from room 2 into room 4 and lighting the catcher, even though so far I see no benefit from it.

The lab is backed up - I got a desktop that needs a new SSD, a notebook with a virus and another notebook crippled with too many TSRs loading. I need the dough - but this thing takes precedence !!

PCdoc wrote:
Sicklebrick - are you ever gonna do something the intended way ?...

Lol, maybe. Just as long as nobody thinks it's malicious. Probably 90% of the time it's accidental, laziness or a fascination about how stuff's put together; I quite like finding them in my own maps too :)

But yeah, I was toying with angled lasers too

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
... wondering if that's the proper route.

PCdoc, sicklebrick -

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!

Well yay for replay value then :D

Actually just updated the map into what I think (hope) will be its final incarnation, to remove an exploit that KennKong found where you could balance the cube on the edge of a floor portal. Should put all those crazily precise angle ideas to rest too.

The good news is that all of the whiteness is back; in fact, if I'd made this edit earlier I could have saved myself a fair bit of work on putting in that little Ratman den. Ah, well. And sicklebrick's solution is still possible, because that shit's awesome.

My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!

This seems more right :)
Did the dizzy camera sidequest...
cUbA2ZWMNZQ

Bollocks, this is embarrassing. I just enabled that, didn't I?

Will need to make another adjustment except Steam's decided it needs to re-download Portal 2 for some reason, just when I've only got two hours before I go away for a few days....

Just imagine that lift and button are the same level as the floor for now. I'll fix it on Saturday. Sorry about that.

All feedback welcome!

>.<

PreviousPage 3 of 5Next