Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Resolution

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

Hey El, just so you know, that grate, due to the fact that it is too close to the white wall tile, is buggy for cubes when you open a portal behind it. You should at least leave 128 units between the grate and the wall: much often the cube slips through the grate and through the portal but when you want to take it back it's impossible cause suddenly the grate stops it from the other side... and then you have to restart the puzzle back again :(

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Ah, I'd forgotten about the grate bugs. I've moved it back 32 units, which at least stops the cube going through unless it's travelling at quite a high speed; that's all I really need for this map. Thanks for the heads up!

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!

Spectacular puzzle! Though I have to say, my method was pretty much identical to josepezdj. Maybe I'll try the advanced version soon.

And it wasn't easy for my puny brain at all! I had to try it a few times, but I was compelled to do that, so that's good. I don't think puzzles have to be hard, as long as they're not a series of trivial, immediately obvious actions. Was the easter egg the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
? Anyway, nice to see a map from you again.

Mr Waterhandle wrote:
Was the easter egg the
Spoiler
?

Spoiler
Thanks for playing and leaving a comment!

My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!

That was awesome, thanks man. Was totally in the mood for a little laser puzzle!

El Farmerino wrote:
Mr Waterhandle wrote:
Was the easter egg the
Spoiler
?

Spoiler
Thanks for playing and leaving a comment!

Hmmmm, about that,

Spoiler

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

It took me about an hour and a half - that was really great the way it all worked out.

This morning I started on the challenge version and it is so much more difficult. That grate screws it all up !! I am sure the angled surfaces in room 1 must have something to do with it - but what? why ? how ??????????

The thousands of maps in the Steam Community are mostly a waste of time although there are a few gems in there as well - but you can really waste a lot of time trying to find them. Oh well, luckily there are still a few master puzzle makers doing these brain-twisters. And luckily they get posted to TWP. Thanks a lot for these two gems.

Jose, sorry - it's just the

Spoiler
. Sorry for not making that clear...

For people looking for the Easter Egg: if you hear Cave Johnson, that's basically it; please don't expect too much!

PCdoc: just so you know, the angled surfaces are actually there to prevent an unintended solution that grayarea found...

All feedback welcome!

Here's my challenge mode solution.
Doubt it's legit, but I did the waterbottle rescue side quest, so I'm a hero either way.

uPFyZb_NIG4

Haha, sicklebrick, those moves truly were heroic, and you certainly did emancipate the water bottle. Bravo!

All feedback welcome!
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next