Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Resolution

Page 1 of 5Next

Small, contained laser puzzle that's a little more complex than it may first appear....

DIfficulty: Probably a little on the hard side.

----------------------------------------------

I spent much of last year travelling, and so this is my first released map in a long while. As ever, it's a small, minimally-styled chamber made of Hammer flesh over a PTI skeleton, with a focus more on the puzzle than the aesthetic side of things. That said, I did go to the trouble of chucking in a small Easter Egg of sorts, as a reward for players who like to mess around a bit.

Puzzle-wise I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and it might just be my favourite out of my own stuff. I've playtested it quite a lot and think it's pretty airtight, but then I always do; I'm fully prepared for the TWP crowd to prove me wrong....

EDIT: Challenge version uploaded! Check it out:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=120857219

Click here to download Resolution

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
El Farmerino wrote:
Puzzle-wise I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and it might just be my favourite out of my own stuff.

Agreed :thumbup:

Impressive puzzle El, impressive :notworthy: I'm still pulling it off, only played around 1 hour or so but

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Cheers Jose! There are actually two solutions that I know of - my original intended solution has a bit more flair to it, but both require a bit of thinking so I've let the other one stand. You sound like you're on the right track...

My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!

SOLVED!!!! EEEELLLLLL!!! AWESOMEEEEEE!!!!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Solution video rendering! :D

EDIT

solution (no esater egg)

Spoiler

Excellent PUZZLE (in Capitals ;))!! Thanks a ton for creating this, man! Wow... thanks for coming back! :D

I'll check out for that easter egg immediately :)

Well deserved 5/5! :thumbup:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Ohhh, now THAT was a puzzle. Quite a bit of thinking was needed to solve this one. Well done! And the Easter Egg was a nice surprise.

EDIT: Now that I've seen your solution, josepezdj, I wonder which one of us found the solution with "more flair", because mine was very much different from yours (and slightly less complicated).

[Video Removed]

Roger, thanks for playing! I can safely say that Jose's solution was not the one I originally had in mind, and it's the solution I'd expect most people to find. As such, I've made a challenge version which (I think) forces the player to go with my original idea:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=120857219

If your solution is different to both, though, I'd love to hear it; it could be something I've overlooked.

EDIT: Nah, that's almost exactly what I had in mind! Nice work! The only thing you'd have to change to do the challenge version would be a couple of minor moves at the start.

Damn, need to make harder puzzles.

All feedback welcome!

Well, I think for most people, it would be hard enough -- it took me a couple of hours of trying different things and several more of just thinking about it. Yeah, I see now what you had in mind after I completed the challenge version -- just one additional step near the beginning. And I like your revised Easter egg in the challenge version, too.

Great map El Farmerino! I had to really think for an hour or so there. I ended up with a solution very similar to josepezdj. I'll try the challenge version now...
I hope you continue mapping! :thumbup:

My maps: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8].

El Farmerino, just so you know josepezdj's and my solution is still available in the challenge version using this setup:

Spoiler

EDIT: or more simply like this:

Spoiler

My maps: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8].

@grayarea,

Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the map with a little fix that also adds a bit to the map's atmosphere...

All feedback welcome!
Page 1 of 5Next