Please or Register to create posts and topics.

So, let's say I take the ASHPD out of AS...

Page 1 of 4Next

Would it work in the outside world, or is there something inside Aperture Science that causes it to work?

Hello! This is the part where I kill you!

Don't forget their original purpose:

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I honestly couldn't say. You could go back and forth - it might need a power source that ap sci can provide, but you could always acquire one outside. It might need certain surfaces that ap sci has readily but you could find some in the real world. It might kill you from the radiation or you could wear a lead suit. :P

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.

It's still a research model in Portal, so there may well be a dead man's handle-type thing (like pinging something in AS and if it gets no reply within X seconds, self-destruct. Although Spigot 37's maps kinda shoot this down) to stop people (Black Mesa in particular) stealing it and reverse-engineering it.

Then again, the labs in Portal 2 look pretty busted. I'd doubt the pinged device could have survived for that long, yet the portal gun works perfectly.

Pilchard123 wrote:
Although Spigot 37's maps kinda shoot this down)

...Custom maps are never cannon. Ever. So while Spigot 37 does destroy your idea, that doesn't really matter because in the portal universe, that never actually happened. Besides, black mesa is too preoccupied to care about the portal gun.

hanging_rope wrote:
Pilchard123 wrote:
Although Spigot 37's maps kinda shoot this down)

...Custom maps are never cannon. Ever. So while Spigot 37 does destroy your idea, that doesn't really matter because in the portal universe, that never actually happened. Besides, black mesa is too preoccupied to care about the portal gun.

Actually, AP don't know about the incident in the "outside". They don't know about the black mesa incident. :lol:

Portal RE-WINDED

Based on what she says at the end of the game, GLaDOS probably has some idea. Not the details and not who caused it, but definitely that there is some sort of cataclysm going on.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

"I have an infinite capacity for knowledge and even I don't know what's going on out there." IIRC

Hello! This is the part where I kill you!
Nightgunner5 wrote:
"I have an infinite capacity for knowledge and even I don't know what's going on out there." IIRC

EXACTLY!

Portal RE-WINDED
Page 1 of 4Next