Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Science Fair Poster 4 (Spoiler)

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next
ASBusinessMagnet wrote:
There is only one central artificial intelligence

I'd have to disagree with you there - GLaDOS and Wheatly aren't the same brain. The turrets can think on their own, and I doubt GLaDOS had to manually turn on the turret factory.

Hello! This is the part where I kill you!
Nightgunner5 wrote:
ASBusinessMagnet wrote:

I'd have to disagree with you there - GLaDOS and Wheatley aren't the same brain. The turrets can think on their own, and I doubt GLaDOS had to manually turn on the turret factory.

Again, Wheatley is a moron core, and sentient turrets are only experimental and not being able to do much, leaving only GLaDOS as a potential leader.

Trivia: this is the very second account I registered with the nickname ASBusinessMagnet, after my YouTube channel.

The turrets are only "sentient" in the sense that they're an AI. I don't think they are really connected or networked or anything with GLaDOS or any other Aperture AI's. Remember, they were a consumer and military product. They were designed to be stand-alone.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

It's besides the point really. The automated facility maintenance systems do not have to be sentient to maintain the system. You only need real intelligence (which is not necessarily the same as sentience) to handle truly unforeseen events / catastrophic system failures.

Well, since apparently this thread has taken on a life of its own I rescind my earlier merge offer.

Now with 100% more inline comments!
ASBusinessMagnet wrote:
Nightgunner5 wrote:
ASBusinessMagnet wrote:

I'd have to disagree with you there - GLaDOS and Wheatley aren't the same brain. The turrets can think on their own, and I doubt GLaDOS had to manually turn on the turret factory.

Again, Wheatley is a moron core, and sentient turrets are only experimental and not being able to do much, leaving only GLaDOS as a potential leader.

Even if he's a "moron core" he is still AI. What I think PLayer1 means is that there is plenty of non-GLaDOS AI lying around Aperture Science.

New tracks every Saturday!
http://www.soundcloud.com/jomonay
"Anything that you do, just be THE best at it" - Kanye West

There is a point in the game (2) where you are told all systems can run on 1.1 volts. Not hard to obtain/sustain. Potatoes for example...

I saw a timeline where someone appropriated that portal 2 is actually 27 years (9999 days) after portal 1, explaining the plants (all fast growing) and the fact that all the paper/chairs/wood/metal hasn't rotted to kingdom come yet.

Being Welsh since 1992

Also, i think that "I'm different" turret was being manufactured as they jumped caroline's brain into Glados, thus recieving an imprint/echo of it?

Being Welsh since 1992
Welsh Mullet wrote:
Also, i think that "I'm different" turret was being manufactured as they jumped caroline's brain into Glados, thus recieving an imprint/echo of it?

By this logic you could also assume that they at least attempted to 'jump' Cave, as there was a turret that made very Cave-like statments/quotes.

Have a nice day,
~Sidneys1

^Click to go to my Steam Community Profile^
PreviousPage 3 of 6Next