Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Shmitzchamber

PreviousPage 3 of 16Next

deathremains:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Only a spider trusts the web

Good job! I liked the new styles of flings that it required, I really had to think to solve some of the puzzles. I only think the turret room was a bit repetitive, but I guess you could go through it without taking out all the turrets. The end was cool too, I liked how you could hear the radio when you started the level, and then found it in the end.

edit
The ride through the pipe was a very cool detail, never seen that in a custom map before. However I think you can get stuck pretty easily if you throw the cube in the goo or take it through the fizzler.
The fling to the platform seemed like it was more about luck than skill though.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

I'd suggest adding a more audible sound to the button and door, to make it more obvious (though I guess the 3 dots should make it obvious, but what ever ;) ).

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
DiddyKong42 wrote:

You were able to shoot both of those portals from the spot the screenshot was taken from? I can't seem to reproduce that.

lol, I had to post that. It was rather interesting hehe.

What I did was, put a portal on the outside (the blue one) then I made a red portal right next to it. Like i tried to make it not on the inciterater, but right next to the blue one. And some how it managed to push it on the other side of that wall.

Im pretty sure its not a problem with your map, just a glitch in the game.

gotler wrote:
The ride through the pipe was a very cool detail, never seen that in a custom map before. However I think you can get stuck pretty easily if you throw the cube in the goo or take it through the fizzler.
The fling to the platform seemed like it was more about luck than skill though.

Ah! I knew I'd forgotten something. You can get a new cube if you take it through the fizzler, but I forgot to make it detect if you lose it to the goo.

Shmitz wrote:
Ah! I knew I'd forgotten something. You can get a new cube if you take it through the fizzler, but I forgot to make it detect if you lose it to the goo.

You sure about that? I accidently put mine in the fizzler, and I was unable to get a new cube. The opening to the cube tunnel was blocked, and i couldn't force a new cube to drop down.

Also found a graphical bug. When walking to where the cube dispenser is, the cube sign above the doorway, it does this weird noclip thing. I can post a pic when I am at my home computer if you need me to.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
You sure about that? I accidently put mine in the fizzler, and I was unable to get a new cube. The opening to the cube tunnel was blocked, and i couldn't force a new cube to drop down.

Yeah, I just tried it a dozen times just to be sure. For both fizzlers, if you destroy a box with them, they should cause the box dropper to open (releasing the box in it), and then another replacement box will drop in after a few seconds, to be released later. Can you reproduce the problem?

I'll have to do it a bit later, but I do distinctly remember going into the fizzler where the switch is that lowers the platform, going back to the cube dropper, and there not being one.

The only way I can figure out how to get the box outa the dispenser is going no clip. Then when u go into it, it automaticly opens.

PreviousPage 3 of 16Next