Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Shmitzchamber

PreviousPage 16 of 16
AceTracer wrote:
If it takes me 10 minutes to "solve" a puzzle, and then an hour or more to implement that solution, then there's something wrong with the map.

My thoughts exactly.

There's a fine line between frustration and challenge, and the first room in Shmitz' map crossed it for me to the wrong side.

For instance: why has the bottom of the map to be "now you die"-goo?
The puzzle wouldn't be any easier/less challenging to solve if the room had a "no portal" bottom, but the player would be able to instantly move on to the next try instead of having to press the quickload key again - and again - and again ... even after already having solved the thinking part of the puzzle.

And instead of a "cake" for having solved the jumping part, the player gets - a turret.

Bad style imo.

Niesrind wrote:
And instead of a "cake" for having solved the jumping part, the player gets - a turret.

Bad style imo.

Not really that important, but: you're playing an old version of the map. Released version doesn't have that turret. (Not that it actually makes the map any more/less frustrating and/or interesting, but hey.)

WTB portal bumpers :(

but otherwise great map. I love a challenge.

Nice map. Especially all those Companion Cubes at the end with the cake.

The Vital Apparatus Vent will deliver a Weighted Companion Cake in Three. Two. One.
*fifty cakes fall out*
Time out for a second. That wasn't supposed to happen.

This was a challenge. I managed to get to the end without cheating. I love all the companion cubes at the end.

:wink:
PreviousPage 16 of 16