Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] New music for Portal (updated: 11/23/2007)

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next
hamsteralliance wrote:
All of my work is under a Creative Commons license - check my homepage.

Wonderful! It wasn't clear from the original post, so I thought I'd bring it up. Thanks a lot.

Link, mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!

F*cking brilliant. Mind if I use System Error?

Duffedwaffe wrote:
Mind if I use System Error?
hamsteralliance wrote:
Feel free to use the music in your Portal maps. Please credit the music to The Hamster Alliance. :)
"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Just put three more up top. It's The Future, Don't Talk About Portal Club and Live Fire.

Trying to imagine a wide variety of Portal situations to assist anyone wanting to break the mold.

Aside from the boss fight and the original Portal trailer I don't recall any areas in Portal that had a strict time limit. Live Fire is for such a room where you will die if you don't figure it out fast enough.

It's The Future is more retro-futuristic science cheese. Good for a light-hearted theme. A really short mood setter.

Portal Club might be good for a chamber that has more of an intro and setup than just dropping you into the chamber...such as actually having to travel through some offices and through some facilities (cube building factory?) before dropping into a test chamber.

Ideas. Ideas. Ideas...

Dude. Awesome. I haven't listened to the new batch yet, but I like the first six a good deal. I prefer the tracks that have a mood of "this is a strange environment and I'd better stay on my toes" rather than "oh shit oh shit I'm trapped and I'm gonna die," but I guess your intent is to provide a few different options that might be useful in various kinds of maps. Well done indeed!

My favorite is "The Lost Chambers," followed closely by the first movement of "Where Am I?"

Hey, random idea: have you thought of doing a remix in this style of the song from the clock radio, or of "Still Alive"? (You'd probably have to tone down or remove the vocals, I dunno...)

Cr00ked.

Also, I suggest this thread be moved to Community Releases. Yes? Seems to fit better there than in Maps and Mapping.

Cr00ked.

RAR it all up, make a new thread (or edit this one's subject) with a link to the file in the Download DB, and that's Release material if I'd say so.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
RAR it all up, make a new thread (or edit this one's subject) with a link to the file in the Download DB, and that's Release material if I'd say so.

This thread can be renamed and moved - I see no problem with that.

As for the RAR and download database, I plan on adding more tracks as I come up with them and it might be often. Would this still apply in that case or should I just keep doing what I"m doing? Should I make separate threads for each track or make numbered "music packs"?

Also, what would the new thread title be? [RELEASE] New music for Portal? :o

Eh I just moved it anyway. If you make a compilation of all of the stuff, upload that to the download DB. The individual still hosted offsite is fine.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Wow, you're amazing! Absoultely love the music, and may have to use some of it in my map. Good job!

?But there?s no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake!?
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next