Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] New music for Portal (updated: 11/23/2007)

PreviousPage 5 of 5
Ricotez wrote:
The only thing I might have to say is that all music seems a bit... tragic. There isn't really a "happier" track, like Subject Name Here.

Haha, yeah. Well...you're trapped in a box with some insane computer trying to kill you. :P

I could make a happy track, but I'm just not seeing where it could really go or in what situations while staying within Portal's story and theme. If you're intentionally breaking from the Portal story and have some ideas, just message me and we might be able to work something out, music wise. No promises though.

Ricotez wrote:
Next to that, this is really music you can only use as ambience

Yup. :P The only action music in Portal was during the boss battle, other than that everything was ambient, so I just went with that.

Ricotez wrote:
may only be an idea to create one in the occasion a Portal-mapper wants to create an action scene.

Yeah. I could do some action music in a Portal theme. (I attempted it very mildly with "Live Fire") But I think good action music requires more finesse and involvement with the project so that it doesn't sound thrown-in.

Ricotez wrote:
Anyway, I've already found some tracks I might be interested in using. Do you mind if I use your music for SkyLabs (see link in signature)?

Is SkyLabs a Portal / HL2 / Source Mod?

If Yes, then yes you can. See my initial post for the credits to use.
If no, then please email me: hamster [AT] my username [DOT] com. I'll most likely say yes, but I'd like to keep record of the request. :)

HamsterAlliance: Putting the "Superior" in "Superior Participant" for a good long while, now.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

SkyLabs is indeed a HL2/Portal-mod. You can follow the links in my signature to get to the website, or the page on the VDC.

"Duct Tape is the answer."

how do you use this music in the hammer editor. i searched the portal files and couldnt find the folder that contained the original music

PreviousPage 5 of 5