Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Chambers Three

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Community Spotlight'd.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Hello! I've just finished playing your maps and I think they're quite good. I especially enjoyed the amusing props littered throughout the maps.

A few bits of feedback:

The lifts take far too long. In the SP game, when you start a level from the map list, you begin at the correct floor and the lift doors open immediately. Whenever there was actual ingame traveling in lifts, it was rarely in silence as GladOS was there to entertain us.

Map1: You've placed a helpful angled surface to direct the player during their

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
. Unfortunately, directly below it, is a vertical surface someone is likely to hit their head on T_T I mention this because
Spoiler
so the player has little choice in the matter. Unless they skip the whole thing like infernet89.

Map2: The second portal chaining sequence depends on a fairly tricky portal shot. The cost of failure is repeating the first section which is already very repetitive. I feel this can be re-tuned so that less of the first sequence needs to be redone. And infernet89 bypassed the entire second section, the sneaky bastard.

Map3: The beginning was amusing and appropriately placed

Spoiler

I watched infernet89's video and I am still scratching my head trying to figure out
a) how infernet89 redirected the energy ball in the room with the emitter and receptacle separated by a glass floor
b) what the intended solution is because given
Spoiler
and the arrangement of portalable surfaces, I don't see one :/

Solution that might have been intended that worked for me

Spoiler

Solutions that are probably not intended that worked for me

Spoiler

Spoiler

I hope this feedback helps with the map making.
Cheerio.

msleeper wrote:
Community Spotlight'd.

How is the pmk map pack still not?

Kiavik wrote:
How is the pmk map pack still not?

Because it's been a month since the last community spotlight and PMK was realeased last month. Kind of redundant.

Duffedwaffe wrote:
Because it's been a month since the last community spotlight and PMK was realeased last month. Kind of redundant.

yeah word. give this one some light for a minute first. BUT THEN AFTER THAT (and i assume after the april contest) pmk needs it. still on my top of the list :P

and i downloaded, played, and commented on this map WHEN it came out. but as it got spotlighted i'm gunna go back and replay it all :P

do NOT click this
rellikpd wrote:
yeah word. give this one some light for a minute first. BUT THEN AFTER THAT (and i assume after the april contest) pmk needs it. still on my top of the list :P

and i downloaded, played, and commented on this map WHEN it came out. but as it got spotlighted i'm gunna go back and replay it all :P

If people got on IRC and suggested new spotlights, it would be updated more often.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
If people got on IRC and suggested new spotlights, it would be updated more often.

i don't irc. i only forum surf. :?

do NOT click this

I loved your map pack. Especialy the final map. I dont know if I did the first puzzle right, cos

Spoiler
Is that the right way to do it?

And the final

Spoiler
puzzle. Took me a little time to figure it out, but it was really great. Especially
Spoiler

Hope to see more from you soon!

Portal rox ur sox
rellikpd wrote:
i don't irc. i only forum surf. :?

Yeah me too, not much of the IRC guy.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.
Ralen wrote:
These maps were great. I laughed when I saw
Spoiler

'ey, me too :D
anyway, this is a very good mappack, recommendable to everyone. I had much fun, and I liked your last mini-puzzle series very much.
Keep up the good work!

Spoiler

//edit: as I read, the sound folder was broken... you should have fixed that :| I opened the sounds in my player and the last one (glados_map3_snd2.wav) is very funny to me :D
and the glados voice is almost like original, how did you do that? :shock:

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.
PreviousPage 3 of 4Next