Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Regarding spam bots

PreviousPage 4 of 8Next

And how is it possible that the latest spam posts even contain the word "spam" repeteadly without being caught? >.< shouldn't there be sort of a checker for that?

Also, why don't you straightly forbid any post containing that damn store name 'M i c h a e l K o r s '?

EDIT: Lol, I didn't get it, you already automatically replaced that damn store name by the words 'spam spam spam' so that when anyone writes that name, it is replaced! :lol: (I edited the above post to enter spaces amongst each letter so it can be read :p)

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

yes; we noticed a lot of spam of a certain brand of handbags. (Chell is probably in dire need for one!)
with the replacement of that brand/store/whatever with "spam spam spam" we hope to discourage this spamming. hopefully with less spam as an end result.

There's a lot of spam for some kitchesn going on right now.

Image Portal Dreams Mod... It's going to be refreshing, Like lemonade... Mmmm don't make me thirsty,
Chilius03 wrote:
There's a lot of spam for some kitchesn going on right now.

yeah a ton of kitchen spam :( I already have a kitchen :(
on to banning some more spam :D

Hey but I can reply to them and make jokes about spambots :D

Image Portal Dreams Mod... It's going to be refreshing, Like lemonade... Mmmm don't make me thirsty,
Chilius03 wrote:
Hey but I can reply to them and make jokes about spambots :D

Guaranteed they wont reply unless you're willing to give 'em your credit card details.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

oh those silly bots! they found "units" and "lighting" all over this website, and they assumed we meant "kitchen units with lights." next thing we'll get is probably going to be a spam bot advertising a motel based on the portal 2 intro or wood crafting tools based on "hammer"...

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.
Lpfreaky90 wrote:
yes; we noticed a lot of spam of a certain brand of handbags. (Chell is probably in dire need for one!)
with the replacement of that brand/store/whatever with "spam spam spam" we hope to discourage this spamming. hopefully with less spam as an end result.

For some reason I cannot write <Holiday Name Here> or <Holiday Name Here> see.

But I can write

Halloween
Valentines day
St. Patrick's day
Easter

I wrote C h r i s t m a s and H a n u k k a h

radelite wrote:
Lpfreaky90 wrote:

But I can write

Halloween
Valentines day
St. Patrick's day
Easter

That is a filter in place by the forum. The joke is because of the website for Portal back in like 2008 I think. Just chill out, it's supposed to be funny.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
radelite wrote:
Lpfreaky90 wrote:

But I can write

Halloween
Valentines day
St. Patrick's day
Easter

That is a filter in place by the forum. The joke is because of the website for Portal back in like 2008 I think. Just chill out, it's supposed to be funny.

pretty sure that nobody likes the joke though... because the way that it is being carried out is like censorship. if the filter could be turned off by users who wanted to actually say the word,it would still be funny. but it's not. and now that it's 2014, 6 years after the fact, im pretty sure nobody cares about that website anymore.

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.
PreviousPage 4 of 8Next