Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Regarding spam bots

PreviousPage 5 of 8Next
tile wrote:
pretty sure that nobody likes the joke though... because the way that it is being carried out is like censorship. if the filter could be turned off by users who wanted to actually say the word,it would still be funny. but it's not. and now that it's 2014, 6 years after the fact, im pretty sure nobody cares about that website anymore.

Well, good news, it's still my website and I still think it's funny.

:dealwithit:

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
tile wrote:
pretty sure that nobody likes the joke though... because the way that it is being carried out is like censorship. if the filter could be turned off by users who wanted to actually say the word,it would still be funny. but it's not. and now that it's 2014, 6 years after the fact, im pretty sure nobody cares about that website anymore.

Well, good news, it's still my website and I still think it's funny that you dislike it.

SO TOO BAD.

at least half of the joke is on you... It isn't as mandatory as you think you can make it, so i don't have to deal with it. i have software on my computer that can be used to automatically replace your filter with the correct wording, which i got specifically for that. not to mention, i can also do this:

tile wrote:
Have a holly, jolly Image;
It's the best time of the year
I don't know if there'll be snow
but have a cup of cheer
Have a holly, jolly Image;
And when you walk down the street
Say Hello to friends you know
and everyone you meet

Oh ho
the mistletoe
hung where you can see;
Somebody waits for you;
Kiss her once for me
Have a holly jolly Image
and in case you didn't hear
Oh by golly
have a holly
jolly Image this year.

and if you need proof of the mysterious software that you think is probably a bluff, here it is:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... l?hl=en-US

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.

Okay.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Thanks for sharing, tile. What a grinch.

In other news, let's filter "Nike free run" to spam now :(

quaternary wrote:
Thanks for sharing, tile. What a grinch.

In other news, let's filter "Nike free run" to spam now :(

As always, just hit the "report to moderators" button.

I know you guys think it's hilarious to post in reply to a spam thread but it really is the worst for us.

npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
quaternary wrote:
I know you guys think it's hilarious to post in reply to a spam thread but it really is the worst for us.

I know you think it's funny to censor all mentions of a specific set of winter holidays, but it really is the worst for us.

so, good news! it's still the website we're all members of, and we still think it's funny.

:dealwithit:

:lol:

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.

I personally dont care when some words here are censored, for example Christ-mas.
Its not my website/forum, and i dont have to decide how npc_msleeper_boss makes his website,
so discussing about censoring is just pointless. The only worse things are the spambots..

Hey this is the spam thread, not the Christm?s thread.

I've noticed a new (?) kind of spambot that posts a generic "thank you" message and then edits the signature an hour later with a link to spam.

quaternary wrote:
Hey this is the spam thread, not the Christm?s thread.

I've noticed a new (?) kind of spambot that posts a generic "thank you" message and then edits the signature an hour later with a link to spam.

Yup! and then a bit later they're banned and their threads removed :3

Tile - Since you seem to think it's hilarious to be a dipshit, I've gone ahead and banned you for a week or so. See you around.

PS - Your signature is too tall. The maximum size is 150px total - images and text included. Please fix that once your ban runs out.

PreviousPage 5 of 8Next