Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal is the Game of the Year at GDC

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
Ralen wrote:
Gabe's haiku is a bit off. I think "orange" is technically 2 syllables.

:|How can it be anything other than 2 syllables?

I usually pronounce orange with only 1 syllable.

taco wrote:
I usually pronounce orange with only 1 syllable.

ditto. ornge is kinda how i pronounce it, not or-ange

do NOT click this

Yay for Portal. It's nice to see innovation and good old fashioned "fun" game design rewarded.

I gotta agree with youme about Ep2 suffering from middle-child syndrome, but I will say it moved the storyline along and I am looking forward to Ep3 so in that regard it was successful. Yes TF2 is a lot of fun to play but theres nothing innovative or even new to the game. It's basically the same mod (and maps) as the original, just on the source engine.

I only played the demo of BioShock. I thought it looked great but the game play really did nothing for me.

bizob wrote:
I gotta agree with youme about Ep2 suffering from middle-child syndrome,

You mean agree with Yahtzee since youme basically quoted his review of the Orange Box.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Damn, found out! :lol:

But that man is spot on when he says that.

what i find most funny about portal wining GotY is that it probly the first game who's ratio of "Length to Fun" is so LOW on the Length side. its hella short. i beat it in about 2-3 hours the VERY first time i sat down to play it. but still. its just so catchy and addicting... but i thought it might be only me, cuz i like "puzzle" games. games that make you think. but obviously not so. blah blah blah. i'm tired.

do NOT click this

I can't help but think that a huge part of Portal's fun and replayability is the user content, especially considering that Valve really went out of their way to add in features to play new and custom content.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
I can't help but think that a huge part of Portal's fun and replayability is the user content, especially considering that Valve really went out of their way to add in features to play new and custom content.

Its our dudy to make it game of next year too then!

youme wrote:
Its our doody to make it game of next year too then!

heheheh you said DOODY

but seriously. yeah granted that is a big part of it. but if the game had not been so fun. and had such an appeal to beggin with. people wouldn't even bother mapping for it.i mean there isn't even any type of multiplayer involved.

so it HAD to have a huge attraction for people to beggin with for them to say .o0(I Love This Game So Much, That I Want To Find Out How To Make My Own Maps And/Or Find Custom Maps To Play With It)

do NOT click this
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next