Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 SP / Coop Discussion (SPOILERS ABOUND)

Page 1 of 3Next

Anybody catch the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
?

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
Anybody catch the
Spoiler
?

Nope, seen some pictures though, apparently it wasn't madly exciting.

Found the testing spheres very Fallout-y. Was wondering why I couldn't get my Pip-Boy out at one point :?
Excellent graphics, Valve's really made an effort this time; especially on the Super 8 teaser, the visuals were stunning for Source.

New tracks every Saturday!
http://www.soundcloud.com/jomonay
"Anything that you do, just be THE best at it" - Kanye West

Yeah I am truely shocked at how nice Source actually looks.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
Yeah I am truely shocked at how nice Source actually looks.

Although, I did notice all the load times. But they did go pretty fast. On the subject, Jeep Barnett was recently interviewed, and he stated they were mostly working on optimising the engine to work faster with more complaex shapes and calculations.They did use some sneaky bits though; at the beginning when your new relaxation chamber is being destroyed, you're not actually there, you're in a sepearate room with the same basic shapes, so you don't interfere with the physics and stuff.

I wasn't even playing it on full. Christ, can't wait to see what Episode 3 looks like :)

msleeper wrote:
Anybody catch the
Spoiler
?

Yep. Anyone else finished chamber 10 in 70 seconds?

It's a bit dissapointing that there aren't advanced/challenges, but meh.

hanging_rope wrote:

I bet those will come as a patch/DLC later. Along with, god willing, more coop campaigns.

hanging_rope wrote:
msleeper wrote:
Anybody catch the
Spoiler
?

Yep. Anyone else finished chamber 10 in 70 seconds?

Yup, tok a few tries but I got it. I never really liked the challenges myself (I never got the hang of the steps one). I prefer stuff like the acheivement just mentioned.

I just finished the coop campaign. I'm way exhausted, I'm sure I'll post more later. Overall I very much enjoyed the single player and coop experiences. Story wise, I really wish we would have heard more about the outside world, but I realize Portal is trying to distance itself from the HL universe a bit.

hanging_rope wrote:

Very disappointing :( I've still to try the co-op, but not having a single-player challenge mode bugs me no end. It took me longer to finish all the challenges in Portal 1 than it did to complete the story.

Meh. I'm happy that we finally have Portal 2 to play around with, but can't help but feel that I expected more. While the story was definitely longer than in Portal 1 it still felt kinda short to me :S

(Oh and hi again btw.)

A question for those of you that have already played both the single-player and the co-op stories: will playing the co-op story spoil the single-player story? I just want to know if I have to wait for my buddy to finish single-player before we embark on the co-op funs :)

Page 1 of 3Next