Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 Box Art

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next

Uhmmm that wasn't made up. That was in the video posted somewhere around here...where was that, the one that we learned nothing new from. :?

Anyways it wasn't made up....well....by me. I guess that dude made it up then.

I hate hanging with angry people. Why live life if your not having fun ALL the time? =)
O o
/?/___________________________________
| BBBLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGG!!!
\_\???????????????????????????????????
_|_

Oh you mean the fan made video by someone who also probably made it up? Yeah.

Don't make things up and then take them as facts.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Okay WHOA WHOA WHOA, back up a sec. Why are you being so hateful right now this is really unexpected. In the "Brand new portal 2 preview" thread, you watched the very video I am talking about.

msleeper wrote:
Wait a minute, is this just an 8 minute video of some nasally speaking neckbeard talking about stuff we already know?

Now here is the link, and I want you to skip to 1:30: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzUiZ5tspS8

See that? He said both twice as more AND about 6 hours. So yeah. I am not just "making this stuff up" maybe he was but that's not my fault! :thumbdown:

Now I hope we can just put this away now because I really don't like like getting into fights with people and frankly, I find it stupid. It's just a prediction anyway isn't it?

(Edit: whoops he really said 4x)

I hate hanging with angry people. Why live life if your not having fun ALL the time? =)
O o
_|_

Interesting he talks as if he knows everything, he doesn't sound very professional...

Whysopro? wrote:
See that? He said both twice as more AND about 6 hours. So yeah. I am not just "making this stuff up" maybe he was but that's not my fault!

You shouldn't take things from unofficial videos - which is exactly what that video you linked is - as fact. Get your facts directly from the developers, not the nerds on Youtube. And saying that "well he made it up, not me!" doesn't make it any better or more justified.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Okay I see that now. Hes just another youtuber. What a ridiculous argument. :roll:

O o
_|_

It really bothers me when people pertuate rumors and unfounded baseless speculation. The Source community seems to love to do that shit, and I do what I can to curb it.

I am pretty sure that the developers said it would be about 4 times as long overall. As in twice as long for solo and it will be same as solo for coop. Again, it will depend on how much of a ninja you are, so for example, I am able to beat portal in 42 minutes, so I would imagine it would take me a minimum of 2 hours for portal 2, because I wont know some test chambers and etc.. Either way, it doesn't matter how long it is, it will be worthwhile.

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

See:

msleeper wrote:
I'm pretty sure they said it would be "about twice as long" as the first game. You shouldn't make up a number like 6 hours.

Maybe they said four, maybe they said two, doesn't really matter. What they didn't say was "6 hours" or "4 hours" or something, and as such people shouldn't repeat a hard number that was never actually given.

msleeper wrote:
See:

msleeper wrote:
I'm pretty sure they said it would be "about twice as long" as the first game. You shouldn't make up a number like 6 hours.

Maybe they said four, maybe they said two, doesn't really matter. What they didn't say was "6 hours" or "4 hours" or something, and as such people shouldn't repeat a hard number that was never actually given.

The thing is, the length it takes a person to play a game varies greatly from person to person. Some people took 3 hours to beat portal, some only 1. So I don't think you can tie a number to it. Valve was smart and told us 2 to 4 times as long as Portal 1.

Hear the turret, for it is knell. It summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
PreviousPage 3 of 6Next