Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mapping Contest Judgement

PreviousPage 3 of 10Next

I've completed all the maps, I have two more reviews to write. Not sure about the other judges.

Don't know how the results will be determined and announced, but it would be coolinteresting if each judge's final choice is part of the announcement.

For example, if it were a split vote, with a major favoring one entry, then it would interesting to hear the commentsreviews of all the judges rather than just announcing the winner by a majority decision. Somewhat similar to how court decisions are made where not all judges agree, but the majority makes the final decision; the judges opinions are made public so their review process and priorities are better understood. Each judge is likely to rank the primary design elements differently, one judge might state "I consider entry 'A' to be the best because I thought the map effectively used many different {...} that gave the map a lot of variety" and another judge could see things differently and state "I consider entry 'B' the best map because I thought it had a unique visual design, story, and original music...". These are simplistic examples to illustrate my point, not intended represent any specific type of review other than the differences between opinions of individuals are equality qualified. :)

I assume they will be posting reviews of the maps, as was alluded to by wstrika's previous post.

There is a lot of room for speculation and reading between the lines, thus I made my suggestioncomment specific and constructive.

It would be nice to get the results during the steam holiday sale, just saying, I mean, you could do some savings :p

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

Alright I just went through all the maps. I got a lot busier than I thought I would, or would of liked too. Overall though from playing all the maps, all I can say is: Why you do this to me.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.
MrTwoVideoCards wrote:
Alright I just went through all the maps. I got a lot busier than I thought I would, or would of liked too. Overall though from playing all the maps, all I can say is: Why you do this to me.

Explain. What do you mean? o_o
BTW I would love to check out your map pack but the links are broken.

I hate hanging with angry people. Why live life if your not having fun ALL the time? =)
O o
/?/___________________________________
| BBBLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGG!!!
\_\???????????????????????????????????
_|_

God this judgement is taking so long i want to know who wins (even though my map is not up there). I have a feeling motanum will come second.

Yeah, I wanna know too! I want games! And portal Tshirt! I am running low on clothes :P Do you guys deliver to Mexico? :p

Anyways, sure say it soon to use the steam holiday sales to our (and msleeper's) advantage, I think gonna get a HL pack or Oblivion,,, So many good games out there!

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

Get Obvlivion! Get Obvlivion! Get Obvlivion! Soooo many mods for that game that make it WAY better then the console version.

Just sayin'. I bought that game 3 years ago and I still play it.

I hate hanging with angry people. Why live life if your not having fun ALL the time? =)
O o
/?/___________________________________
| BBBLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGG!!!
\_\???????????????????????????????????
_|_
PreviousPage 3 of 10Next