Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I will make a video of me playing/commenting on your map

PreviousPage 3 of 10Next

Hmm...it looks like getting this to run for me will be a bit more complicated than I thought.
Could you please go to:
(wherever steam is installed; probably program files if you have windows)Steamsteamappscommonportal 2portal2mapspuzzlemaker(some random numbers)
and get the file there uploaded somewhere and send me the link, or maybe attach it to a post here if possible? It'll probably be named a bunch of random numbers followed by .bsp.

Hmm... that's weird. ok, try this:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8 ... g3R2aJDvdI

It's because for some reason valve added split-screen support to the official coop game, but not to the workshop coop. So what I have to do to use split screen with a custom map is have the BSP file and run it through the console.

I got the file now, I'll try and run through the map later today. Thank you.

You can get the bsp yourself. They are in maps/workshop, you just have to sort the folders by the date of creation. That should be when you downloaded it.

- Science isn't about why, it's about why not!

I'm reasonably sure getting the map to download requires me to already be initializing it with a partner, which would mean that I didn't need the split screen anyway. It doesn't download the BSP when you subscribe to it, it downloads the map right before you play it.

But at any rate, I can't seem to get my logitech controller working, at all, in any way, for the purpose of the split screen, so I don't think I'm going to be able to run this map. Sorry.

When you aren't doing anything it will slowly download unplayed maps as well, for SP at least.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Unfortunately I posted this in the showcase thread before I found your one dedicated to exactly what I am requesting but guess no harm done with giving my collection a bit of extra face-time to steamroll the bugs out :)

Anyway yeah if you can do a blind play-through commentary please it would be really useful to me.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139096086

Will be very grateful for them to point out any and every mistake or potential improvements that can be easily made to make the chamber a success. You may also tell me its a complete write-off but at least let me know why if you hate it that much.

Thanks,
Bmaster2000

Okay, I did a straight run of all 10 chambers this morning, but it's taking forever to get all of the video uploaded. It's halfway done by now.

Rather than stretching the page with 10 videos in a single post, I'll just give you this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUMtyRH5 ... 8cSda93vyf
Go to it and it should begin with the first of the RCTI chambers and automatically go through all the ones that have been uploaded.

Overall, I liked the collection. There were 3 chambers I didn't really like: #5 confused the heck out of me as to what in the world I was supposed to do in it, as you'll see I opted to skip it. I didn't really like the concept for #7, and #8 was way too deadly, and assumed the player has much more control over their own motion in midair than they actually do for the ending. My commentary goes into more detail, of course.

Thank you very much for the playthrough.

I have managed to watch 5 chamber so far and will watch the other perhaps tomorrow at a more godly hour :)

As for the chambers you've reviewed:

1,2&3 I can agree with the comments you have made, however I lost the data and am currently unsure how to add them back into my puzzle creator to apply fixes.

4 has had a major overhaul to remove the leak and make use of your clever idea to fling the cubes which as you noticed was simply an eventuality I hadn't expected. Rest assured it is now compulsory.

5 you really couldn't grasp the concept I saw which is a problem. I do not know quite how to point out the exact solution but remember that the lasers are called Thermal DISCOURAGEMENT Beams (As far as I am aware). The Title will be renamed to Funnel of Discouragement to further that clue for you. Also at the start you were not stuck, you just simply neglected the use of the orange funnel to float you to safety, sorry if it wasn't obvious though.

I am looking forward to watching the following chamber playthroughs and hope you may also try the 11th chamber i added earlier alongside potentially re-attempting the chambers I have fixed so as to not have their name besmirched :)

Okay, I've FINALLY got all the videos uploaded. For some reason the files FRAPS made for 7-9 completely broke my video editor, causing it to freeze whenever I tried to import them. But I did some roundabout re-recording and converting, and finally got it to work!

I'll probably take a look at that stuff later. I don't want to touch Portal 2 today...

PreviousPage 3 of 10Next