Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I will make a video of me playing/commenting on your map

PreviousPage 10 of 10

I use the free version of Bandicam, it's the one screen recorder I've found that is A) free and B) doesn't lag Portal 2 much.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Just checked it out and it seems to be windows only. I need to hunt around a bit more, thanks for the suggestion though.

toxicdwarf wrote:
Just checked it out and it seems to be windows only. I need to hunt around a bit more, thanks for the suggestion though.

Are you on a Mac? If so, you can just use Quicktime X (it should be the default version that comes with the OS these days). As for recording the game's audio, try Soundflower.

Sorry for being off-topic.

Are you still doing these? If so: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1455g ... e_Test.bsp

I took over the facility, turned a giant robot into a potato and I've been sent into outer-space... twice... What's your story?

I'm still doing this, and I've actually played through the two chambers prior to yours, just been lazy about rerendering and uploading the playthroughs...

But I can't get mediafire to work for me. Possibly an ISP security problem. It's been my experience that mediafire files only work when they're zip files, so you might try zipping it and putting it up like that. Otherwise, maybe put the file somewhere else? If there's no other option, I could PM you an email address you can send the file attached to an email to.

Xindaris wrote:
I'm still doing this, and I've actually played through the two chambers prior to yours, just been lazy about rerendering and uploading the playthroughs...

But I can't get mediafire to work for me. Possibly an ISP security problem. It's been my experience that mediafire files only work when they're zip files, so you might try zipping it and putting it up like that. Otherwise, maybe put the file somewhere else? If there's no other option, I could PM you an email address you can send the file attached to an email to.

Sure, PM me your email and I'll send directly to you :)

I took over the facility, turned a giant robot into a potato and I've been sent into outer-space... twice... What's your story?

Finally got around to rendering/uploading. Man, that was a lot of procrastinating I did there.

Ring of Fire:
I had some recording issues, and when I first started to try and play it I was in a really terrible mood, but the video I ultimately uploaded is really all you need to know about how I feel about this level. When you said it was a "speedrun map", I thought you meant it was a map that could conceivably be done in a quick manner by a well-practiced player of it, maybe something like my old Turret Assassin Training map. Instead, it was a map with a far-too-short, unforgiving timer on an exercise that would be rock stupid if not for said timer. I disliked it. It's frustrating and unrewarding. I imagine there are people who disagree, but I hate this kind of thing in pretty much any game ever.

The_Test:
Either it glitched out on me, or it's a really, really short map featuring exactly 2 pretty-easy momentum bits and a small (what I assume to be) worldportal gimmick. Needs more work to be really considered a full map at all. For as far as it is, I definitely recommend putting some kind of portal magnet things on the floor and ceiling for the infinite loop, and maybe the one past the worldportal as well.

Logic Bomb: 1 | 2
Liked this map a lot. But I don't really remember a whole lot now, because of how long ago I played through it. I do remember this: The cube dropper that has a fizzler directly under it is set to Auto Respawn, which means after I push the button one time I have to listen to a cube being fizzled nonstop. Please fix that setting. But I liked the map; I think the videos will be a much better reflection of my feelings on it than this text, for sure. Also, as seems to be usual, my recording does not accurately reflect the brightness of the map while I was playing it. There were no problems with that.

Xindaris wrote:
Logic Bomb:
Liked this map a lot. But I don't really remember a whole lot now, because of how long ago I played through it. I do remember this: The cube dropper that has a fizzler directly under it is set to Auto Respawn, which means after I push the button one time I have to listen to a cube being fizzled nonstop. Please fix that setting. But I liked the map; I think the videos will be a much better reflection of my feelings on it than this text, for sure. Also, as seems to be usual, my recording does not accurately reflect the brightness of the map while I was playing it. There were no problems with that.

Cheers, glad you enjoyed it and fixing dropper now. Confused about the restart issue, it's pure PTI. Maybe republishing will fix that. I just submitted another one if you'd be up for playing through that too. It's Alive!

I'll be playing some more of yours and i'll give some feedback for you.

Yeah, the first map sucked ("The_Test"), but, I made a better map, which takes more thinking...
Try this one: The Puzzle Quest Hope you injoy it, please do also record this one xD

You still doing runs Xindaris? if so, can your try Amoeba for me? It's challenging and requires some creative thinking. Thanks a lot!

Still didn't get my $60 :(
PreviousPage 10 of 10