Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I will make a video of me playing/commenting on your map

PreviousPage 2 of 10Next

There are two spoiler tags, "bigspoiler" is the one you're thinking of. ;)

Falsi sumus crusto!
Xindaris wrote:
Overall, I think it's a good map that's got me totally stumped. I might give the last part another try if you want, and can come up with a good hint on what I needed to do that I didn't.

Thank you for that video, it was very enjoyable and satisfying to watch. I would have loved to see you go to the very end but to that point everything worked as intended. The update I was finishing while you were playing wouldn't have changed a thing. I tried to prevent that a desperate player would start stacking turrets in a certain situation, you didn't come close to that situation.

At one point you were very close to the solution to the funnel problem. That was way before you knew that you have to bring the funnel with you though. You never went back to that idea when you actually needed it. One obvious thing I noticed, you never changed the orientation of the portal under the gel dropper. Rotate it by 180 degrees so you can splash every place you need with gel. I strongly advice you to do that if you give the map another go.

Your playthrough still gave me some hints what I needed to change. Since you insist on exiting the funnel as early as possible I moved the faith plate with the grating to the side so it doesn't interfere with the funnel. Having that useless faith plate in front of the single turret was a silly idea, it didn't serve the purpose I imagined - it's gone.

I'm obviously new here but has there ever been a thread like "feedback the guy's map above you" where you like review the last one to be posted and post a new one yourself? I think that would be a pretty smart idea.

My workshop here.
Next map title: The Crystal Maze

That would be a good idea. I'll start one when I finish my next map unless someone else does first.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Cool.

I can get mine finished tomorrow as I have the day off work. It's a series of smaller chambers, puzzles revolve around tricky timing, probably not all that challenging for experienced players and not very visually stunning compared to Hammer-created maps, but it's decent

My workshop here.
Next map title: The Crystal Maze

I set up a thread for this over at Hacking and Modding. http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/mapping-help/rate-a-map-post-a-map-t8205.html

Falsi sumus crusto!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=

It's the first of my maps i feel happy really sharing, from the video you posted i doubt you'll have any particular trouble with it but hopefully it should still be still fun and i'm really looking forward to getting feedback about how to improve with designing test chambers.

I was going with containing the test mostly in one room (like in the story) with all the elements being used in multiple ways and i think i achieved that.

Okay, I did your map. Youtube is being slow about uploading, but it should start being able to play the video about a half hour or so from this posting.

http://youtu.be/3Nhu-g_xVts

Nice, short little map; it did require some thought, although I cheated around one of its challenges only to go and solve it anyway. "Cheating" in this case was something more difficult to figure out than the intended manner, so make of that what you will.

Should you ever want to, you can actually make cleansing gel completely necessary by having the cube auto-drop onto glass platform the player can't reach (by jumping or portals), and have a portalable angled panel pointed toward a grate one one side of the platform, forcing the player to throw blue gel at the cube in order to even retrieve it in the first place.

Hey, thanks for the video (and i usually use the second pronounciation of my name in the very few times i've said it out loud)

You're right about a spawner for the first cube, i'd somehow blanked out the fact i could splash that one with repulsion gel as well and ruin everything. I'll update that fix pronto.

Also wasn't even aware the second cube could be grabbed before getting coated in gel, i intend to fix that as well but i'll take my time and try to think of the best way i want to do it.

I appreciate your feedback (and the thumps up on the map!) as is pretty evident it was very helpful

Please check my map out. Its my first attempt, and it's co-op but easily done with two controllers as there's no timed switches.

let me know what you think

enjoy!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =148428449

PreviousPage 2 of 10Next