Please or Register to create posts and topics.

I will make a video of me playing/commenting on your map

Page 1 of 10Next

What it says in the title; I'll post the playthrough on youtube and then put it up here in this thread. I've seen a few threads like this in this subforum, so I'm presuming this is the right place for it; if not, please let me know.

Please be forewarned that if I get really, horribly stuck I reserve the right to use cheats, and if I feel the need to do so it's probably a bad sign. Also, I am not doing co-op maps right now unless you guarantee me I can do it by myself with the split-screen controls, because I don't have a partner to do it with at the moment. This basically means that if the timing of something in your co-op map is too unforgiving for someone switching between a controller and a keyboard to handle, I can't do it.

With that in mind, if you'd like to see me run through your map please post a link to it here.

We have many People who doing this.
You can do it too, but we dont really need :D

TheTobbell wrote:

I disagree, I've had plenty of people play certain maps and only the 30th person to spot a problem. More feedback is always more helpfull!

And if you want a map; why don't you try cube, buttons and one portal?

Lpfreaky90 wrote:
TheTobbell wrote:

I disagree, I've had plenty of people play certain maps and only the 30th person to spot a problem. More feedback is always more helpfull!

And if you want a map; why don't you try cube, buttons and one portal?

Ok ok D:
@Xindaris Just look a little bit in "Downloads" or "Community Spotlight" (There are the newest maps) ;)

I mean this more as a thread to specifically request feedback on a map. If I wanted to just go run through maps unsolicited, well, I wouldn't need a thread for that, I could just post them on youtube.

Anyway, I did your map, lpfreaky90:
http://youtu.be/FCOenozUOW4

Pardon the nasal outbursts. I thought it was good, didn't really see any problems with it.

Xindaris wrote:
Anyway, I did your map, lpfreaky90

That was an interesting contrast, listening to the audio it would would appear that you were disoriented and slightly bored, the video shows a competent and motivated player though. I played LP's map ages ago (apparently it got updated) and it was very enjoyable and challenging at the time, so I think you did extraordinary well in solving the puzzle, despite of sounding reluctant when doing so.

I'm dying to see more of that. Please play and comment this map of mine: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=94896335

I'm always up for someone trying to break my maps, I have learned a lot about mapping from glitchers. I haven't made anything that should be overly taxing for a seasoned player but if you want to have a pop at any of mine, feel free. Workshop link in sig :)

I will also have a pop at some of yours. I don't do video playthroughs but I'll leave comments on any I do play

I have a bass voice and I was trying to speak quietly because there are other people in the house with me, so that may be why I sounded bored. May have also been tired at the time, I'm not sure. I was pretty interested in the map and enjoyed it, but I guess I didn't feel I was being extraordinarily challenged, either. My style of making maps pretty closely reflects my tastes in them: I like things clever and complex and bizarre and potentially confusing but all without being too frustrating. That's a bit overly picky and I know that so I try to look for slightly more objective reasons to say a map is good or bad, like "was there a puzzle", "did it frustrate me horribly", "did I feel like any backtracking or retrying I had to do was genuinely my fault or was the map just badly designed".

EDIT: On a second read of your comment it occurs to me that I probably sound disoriented because I haven't actually done much audio commentarylet's playing before and may have been a bit nervous and uncertain of what exactly to say.

I'm about to take a look at Turret Challenge, given the title I expect to have fun because honestly I love squashing those guys and finding creative new ways to do so is usually stimulating.

Oh, it looks I'm too late if you have already started. Just finished updating the map to take care of the latest unintended gameplay. Took me some sweet time.

I don't think I found the exploit you fixed; not sure if that's because I started after you updated or because I didn't think of whatever it was. However, I was unable to finish, as you'll see. I just could not figure out how to get the funnel to where it needed to go in the end, after trying for about half an hour (bringing the whole attempt to around 53 minutes if I recall correctly). I cut a lot of the silent running around in circles out of the video for brevity's sake, but it's still a good 30-something minutes long. Sorry.

http://youtu.be/XjdLb8GsptY

http://youtu.be/5nqkd35I0gk

http://youtu.be/SKKVlgMUleo

Overall, I think it's a good map that's got me totally stumped. I might give the last part another try if you want, and can come up with a good hint on what I needed to do that I didn't.

(I was hoping to avoid pagestretching by using spoiler, but apparently it works differently here from what I'm used to. A tvTropes highlight spoiler rather than a button that hides/shows what's inside.)

Page 1 of 10Next