Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[HEAVY SPOILERS] Discussion on the new Cave Johnson lines

Page 1 of 3Next

So what do people think of the new lines? Which are the best? What did people hope to hear but didn't? What about plot holes and little references to things? What mini-storylines did people enjoy?

Personally, I liked the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Discuss.

Oh, and talking about little references to things? Well the whole

Spoiler
probably relates to some cut lines from the game:

http://theportalwiki.com/wiki/Cave_Johnson_voice_lines

Spoiler

What do you think?

Current Community Contributor status: not a community contributor. Lost it. :(

What do I think?
Meow Meow, meow meow!

oh and the manmantis are awesome too. Loved the parodies on the original lines.
(too bad cave ran out of lines for me, it's so quiet, I should re-set my playcount and start all over again!)

Cave johnson, blapperture Mesa, we're done.

msleeper thinks too much about video games

Spoiler

Of course, I'm also assuming these lines are just dis-canon jokes and have no bearing into the overall plot of the Portal universe.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Actually, we can assume that Cave Prime is from a different universe to the Portal/Black Mesa one as he isn't dead (that isn't a spoiler). Therefore he is free to cancel

Spoiler
development. This is confirmed because that particular line begins with some chariots.

The genius of the multiverse is that the lines can be completely canon with the rest of the game and still be irrelevant!

There's a lot that's really inconsistent which is why I say it's probably 100% noncanon. All of the videos have copyright 1998 in them but also have Cave's voice for one.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Ahh, but that's from Cave Prime's universe, not the one inhabited by Chell and Freeman, etc. When you don't get poisoned by moon dust, or get put into a computer,you probably sound a lot more lively when you get to 1998. Hell, maybe Cave Prime is from a universe where people age slower than round these parts, so is able to stick around in time to record the trailers in 1998 and test parallel universes so that we can even have this conversation.

Creepy Kid = Chell?!!?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

I found this to be my favorite and my most feared quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNheNbl0B7g

I was honestly scared shitless at that moment. Physical objects I can deal with but disembodied voices creep me out if the person on the other end sounds creepy enough.

EDIT: Also I liked the chambers where people were forming adventure parties to find out the company wide conspiracy which was that they were in space.

"...those who would break the rules and laws are reguarded as scum, but those who would abandon even one of their friends, are worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Youtube Channel My Workshop
My Maps/Projects:

[spoiler]Maps:
RBC 1 RBC 2
Blue Walls
Converting Propulsion
One Week Creation
Secondary Fire
Flings Speed Patience
Ongoing Projects:
Alive & Kicking: Chamber 18 Secondary Fire[/spoiler]

My favourite, by far, was this:

Spoiler

Seriously, that had me laughing for about ten minutes. I even restarted the chamber a few times just to hear it again.

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
---------------------------

So, I was literally like 30 seconds late buying "blapperturemesa.com" and a guy I know got it instead. I was pretty upset.

Page 1 of 3Next