Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[HEAVY SPOILERS] Discussion on the new Cave Johnson lines

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Wow, bad luck.
Still, you could be the first to file for bankruptcy under the Blappature brand.

Current Community Contributor status: not a community contributor. Lost it. :(

Use of chariots twice means nothing towards Cave Prime's universe, the fact one Cave swapped to two chariots means infinite others also did. So there's pretty much none of this stuff that can be assumed "Prime cannon" until some non-multiverse stuff happens.

We're not even sure we end up back in the correct universe, after all infinite other Caves will have been trying to get their test subjects back too.

Next order of business: Hire a character artist to make a mantis player model for a single player mod.

Since middle of last week I dont get to hear them anymore.Not sure why,I liked them

You've run out of lines. I'm afraid you won't hear them again unless you type in a console command that I don't know.

Current Community Contributor status: not a community contributor. Lost it. :(

At some point I didn't really pay attention to them anymore. The story was too random for my taste. I was hoping to get one random line out of a huge pack in every map instead.

-Deep Voice- "If you continue to test on this planet... you might find something very interesting about it..."
-Normal Voice- "... it's me. I'm the planet. You live on me. Was gonna save for later but... it's just too darn good."

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal

I believe that the Cave johnson lines are just random Scene files that play depending on your map id. I bet they are all listed in the portal 2 voice line wiki page anyway...

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

I thought they were in an order: chariots, chariots chariots etc.
Anyway: some lines were funny, some not so much and I ran out of them, I believe there's a way to reset your progress but haven't found it yet ;)

lpfreaky90 wrote:
I ran out of them, I believe there's a way to reset your progress but haven't found it yet ;)

Code: Select all
cm_reset_vo_progress

That may be what you're looking for? Google ftw.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maps in Development:
[spoiler]- Penrose 04 (on hold)[/spoiler]
FourthReaper wrote:
lpfreaky90 wrote:
I ran out of them, I believe there's a way to reset your progress but haven't found it yet ;)

Code: Select all
cm_reset_vo_progress

That may be what you're looking for? Google ftw.

:sigh:

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next