Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Guide to Portal Hammer Configuration Part 01

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next
Grudge wrote:
Even though i'll wait to the proper SDK release, great work.

With that in mind, I really hope that Valve releases it soon, like they said. :lol:
I honestly can't wait any longer!

[img]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/uploadlol/sig_plastic-2.png[/img]

So far, I've only seen 3 textures that are black and purple, a floor, the metal bars that push the walls out (Level six, momentum) and another that I'm not to sure what it's used for.

Also, the textures on the models come up purple and black (Damn you non-existant edit button!).

Awesome thread, stickied.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

nice

Excellent tutorial. A few pictures would help, but I managed.

However, now that I've got Hammer up and running it's... well... not.

The first time I ran it, the only selectable game was HL2. When I restarted it, the dropdown menu of games is now empty. Any clue what would cause this?

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Try restarting steam.

If that doesn't work, try validating your game files.

If that doesn't work, try Reseting Game Configurations.

If that doesn't work, try Refreshing SDK Content.

If that doesn't work... Uh, you might be fucked, come back and post.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
If that doesn't work, try Reseting Game Configurations.

That one worked. Thanks.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Good to hear!

So, I take it the only way to get this to work is if you actually have HL2. I only have portal, and I'm A)broke and B) not going to play much HL2. so I guess I'm stuck waiting on the portal SDK.

Signature removed, no pyramid scheme links allowed. Read the forum rules for information.
-Thanks, The Management
PreviousPage 2 of 5Next