Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Guide to Portal Hammer Configuration Part 01

PreviousPage 5 of 5

I can't seem to figure out my error

FATAL ERROR
"MountFileSystem( 427 ) failed: SteamMountFileSystem(2604,427,0x1324fc74=,0x1324fd74) failed with error 5: No Steam Content Servers are available"

The only thing i could find out was that it is related to needing CS:S?? I don't know how i can get around this error.

Signature removed, no pyramid scheme links allowed. Read the forum rules for information.
-Thanks, The Management

Try restarting Steam, I have heard that fixes that error (though I have never run into it myself).

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Restarting steam had no effect, still does the error, with a slightly different memory position (duh), so now i'm reinstalling the SDK to see if that will fix it. But so far nothing seems to be working.

Signature removed, no pyramid scheme links allowed. Read the forum rules for information.
-Thanks, The Management

If it has a different memory location, try restarting your computer.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

By memory location, i meant the

SteamMountFileSystem(2604,427,0x1324fc74=,0x1324fd74)

(the numbers are different each time, i'm assuming it is referring to a location in memory, and it would be natural to assume that each time you try to run it, it is in a different place, not really sure, but every time the error comes up, the only same number is 427)

This is what the GameConfig file looks like, just in case

Code: Select all
"Configs"
{
   "Games"
   {
      "Portal"
      {
         "GameDir"      "D:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscha0ticdreamerportalportal"
         "hammer"
         {
            "GameData0"      "D:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscha0ticdreamerSourceSDKbinportal.fgd"
            "TextureFormat"      "5"
            "MapFormat"      "4"
            "DefaultTextureScale"      "0.250000"
            "DefaultLightmapScale"      "16"
            "GameExe"      "D:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscha0ticdreamerportalhl2.exe"
            "DefaultSolidEntity"      "color_correction_volume"
            "DefaultPointEntity"      "ai_ally_manager"
            "BSP"      "D:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscha0ticdreamerSourceSDKbinvbsp.exe"
            "Vis"      "D:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscha0ticdreamerSourceSDKbinvvis.exe"
            "Light"      "D:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscha0ticdreamerSourceSDKbinvrad.exe"
            "GameExeDir"      "D:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscha0ticdreamerportal"
            "MapDir"      "D:Program FilesSteamsteamappscha0ticDreamerportalPortalmaps"
            "BSPDir"      "D:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscha0ticdreamerportalportalmaps"
            "CordonTexture"      "BLACK"
            "MaterialExcludeCount"      "0"
         }
      }
   }
   "SDKVersion"      "2"
}

I reinstalled, restarted, tried again, and still no luck. The only thing that i can think of, if it is related to CS:S or HL2, maybe I'm missing a configuration somewhere.

-Thanks, The Management

I have set up Hammer and the files for portal as described in this howto:
http://kenjara.wordpress.com/2007/10/13 ... in-portal/

Hammer displays no textures from portal. Filtering and keywords don't bring up anything, however I see every texture from HL2.
How do I set up the textures correctly?

edit: thanks, my problem was the material folder export, it was moved as materials under materials. It works now!

Try using this tutorial from our wiki to see if it helps.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

***Edit the first run to set up the configs worked, but after trying again, i get the same error. Guess it was just a false hope.

-Thanks, The Management
PreviousPage 5 of 5