Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Felix Griffin's Editor Mod

PreviousPage 13 of 15Next

Thanks again for your reply! Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but...

I found the p2editor folder, but that does not contain the files you specify. In this folder is a folder called fg_editor_mod that does contain the files you mention, as do a lot of other p2editor_xxx folders representing all the other styles. (xxx being clean, art, etc). Also, in the fgemod package I find a .vmx file for every .vmf file, yet in all the folders mentioned above there are only the .vmf files.

So my question here is: do I copy the files to every folder containing the vactube instances? And do I copy the .vmx files as well?

Sorry it's probably very clear that I'm not at all an expert, just want to make sure we're on exactly the same page here and I do exactly that which you say I should.

You should only need to copy it into the p2editor/fge_editor_mod. The vmx files aren't important, they're just backups hammer makes every time you save.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

I replaced the 6 .vmf files in p2editor/fge_mod with the ones in the fgemod package. I got very hopeful because the filesize differed. Then I started the game, made a new chamber with an entrance piece, a straight piece and a corner piece just like before, and unfortunately the results are still the same.
I then tried replacing the 6 .vmf files in the p2editor/p2editor_clean forder with the ones in the fgemod package (since it's the only other style folder that contains the vacuum instances apparently), but those I had there were already of the same filesize as those in the fgemod package. Did it anyway, ran beemod to change the style to "clean", made another chamber, same result.

Am I the only one having this problem and are the vacuum tubes working for everybody else?

Anyone still around? I would appreciate some more aid since the issue has not been resolved.

In the mean time I tried installing steam, portal 2 and beemod 2.5 on a laptop that never had any of it installed, and I get the same problem there. Same for replacing the files, doesn't help either.

This all kinda strikes me as weird, since if I run into the same problem with a fresh, clean install on a different device, how is it that this works for anyone else? And if the vacuum tubes don't work, how come I'm the only one making a fuss about it and nobody seems to speak about it, let alone speak about a solution to this problem?

Do the vacuum tubes work for you Felix? And do they work for the thousands of other people that have apparently downloaded BEEMOD2? All this is getting me really confused...

They work for me, but that doesn't mean much (I have a lot of instances and models that might not have been included in the download).

If reinstalling didn't fix it, I'll send you a different package. See if that works.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Alright awesome thank you! Do I PM you my e-mail or will you drop it on some filehosting site?

I can just send it in a PM. If it works, I'll upload it here for others.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Alright sounds good to me! I take it you haven't sent it yet? If you did, it didn't work since I have no messages in my inbox.

Say, it appears you have an acute shortage of feedback on (some) of these modded items, what with there apparently not being any awareness that the vacuum tubes were not even working. I'd be glad to provide you with any findings concerning any of your mods, if that is of any help to you of course. I've run into a whole series of weird glitches and bugs with some of the items in BEEMOD 2.5 and I spend 100's of hours in the map maker anyway. Let me know if I can be of any assistance, and thanks again for your help on this, I really appreciate you taking the time!!

Please do report bugs, I'm actually currently working on fixing a lot of the items.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

One of the items I've had most trouble with is the the Timer. There seem be be issues with all 3 of the modes.

1/ The Timer: Works somewhat.
Connected to an item, the item will indeed be cycling between the on and off states in the correct interval set by the user. So e.g. a piston platform connected to a timer set to 5 seconds will complete a cycle of going up to a certain point, then return to it's initial state in 5 seconds, and it will keep repeating this process as intended.
The problem with the timer is that, when connected to an activation button, it also seems to take the set interval and apply it to the first activation of the item. So when you activate the button, there will be a 5 second delay before the 5s-interval cycles actually begin. I take it this is not how it's supposed to work.

2/ The monostable multivibrator: Broken
If I'm correct, what this is supposed to do is: upon activation of a switch, the connected item changes to a different state, then returns to the original state after a set amount of time. Tell me if I'm wrong on this. In any case, this mode doesn't do anything.
When placed between an activation button and whatever item (I've tried many) and set to whatever timing, it makes zero difference. Activating the button just activates the item, which never returns to it's original state. Neither does anything else happen. The monostable multivibrator might just as well not be there.

3/ The T flip-flop: Also broken
Can't remember what was wrong with this one off of the top of my head, but it also didn't do what it was supposed to do or didn't work altogether. I'll have to set up another chamber to check again, will get back to you on that.

I don't want to come off as an impatient asshole, but have you perhaps forgotten to send me those instances Felix? I would really appreciate getting my hands on a working set of vacuum tubes as I'm really excited to be able to use them. Again, thanks a lot for your time and your help!

PreviousPage 13 of 15Next