Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Felix Griffin's Editor Mod

PreviousPage 12 of 15Next

Thanks! Hopefully it'll turn out better than my first map with them did. I lost the source a long time ago and can't bring myself to rebuild it to add the portal gun.

Falsi sumus crusto!

The security cameras don't work for me, they float about half a block in front of the block I put them on.
Also, how long do you think it will be until the portal deflection cubes get fixed, Felix? I need them for a map I'm working on.

(That is, if you still look at this thread)

The FGEMOD is now a bit out of date, corrections to the security cameras and (I think) the deflection cubes are included in the BEE2.

Falsi sumus crusto!

I've got BEEMOD 2 installed and I can't seem to get the vacuum tubes working. There are several problems:
1/ The corner parts just simply don't show up, after building a map there's nothing at all on the spot where I placed them
2/ The straight parts clip into the floor or wall partially when placed in certain posistions
3/ The entrance part does not align with the straight pieces at all, it's off by a mile in all 3 dimensions

Can anyone please tell me how to get them working? I'm looking all over the internet and nobody anywhere seems to mention that they are broken, let alone a solution for this.

Many many thanks to anyone that can give me more information on this!!

Chao?pawN wrote:
I've got BEEMOD 2 installed and I can't seem to get the vacuum tubes working. There are several problems:
1/ The corner parts just simply don't show up, after building a map there's nothing at all on the spot where I placed them
2/ The straight parts clip into the floor or wall partially when placed in certain posistions
3/ The entrance part does not align with the straight pieces at all, it's off by a mile in all 3 dimensions

Can anyone please tell me how to get them working? I'm looking all over the internet and nobody anywhere seems to mention that they are broken, let alone a solution for this.

Many many thanks to anyone that can give me more information on this!!

It sounds like something has gone wrong with the instances. Are you using the default style?

Falsi sumus crusto!

Yes, I'm using the Original Portal 2 Style, but I've also tried Clean, Clean (quiet) and Portal 1 and all of them yield the same results. Shall I upload a few screenshots?

Thanks a lot for your reply, really appreciate it and thanks for making all these mods!

A screenshot would be very helpful. The only thing I can think of at this point is to reinstall BEE2, maybe a file just got messed up.

Falsi sumus crusto!

I'll try uninstall/reinstalling the mod and if need be the game shortly, I'll keep you posted on wether or not that solves the issue. In the mean time, here's a few screenshots

Here's the testchamber in the editor

And here's what it looks like ingame

I also tried building the chamber in all the other styles that allow the use of vacuum tubes, but results in all of those styles are exactly the same, so I take it additionals screenshots are not needed.

As you can see the tubes misalign in various positions depending on what wall they are placed on. If the wall with the chamber exit is North, then the tubes placed on the North wall align to the left and in front of the entrance tube, those placed on the east wall align to the right and in front of the entrance tube. Left/Right and to the back of the entrance tube for the South and West walls respectively, making them clip inside the walls. Floors and ceilings have a similar issue.

Additionally, all the corner pieces simply aren't there, regardless of where they are placed.

Occasionally when placing an entrance tube on the ceiling and trying to build the chamber, the game also hangs/crashes.

I'll go reinstall the mod now, thanks again for your time!

I wasn't sure how to uninstall the mod exactly, so I deleted the BEE2 folder and then verified the game cache. Is that the correct way or should I do it some other way?

In any case, the issue unfortunately remains :(

I think I know what's wrong, although I'm not sure how it happened. Download the FGEMOD and copy the vactube instances into your p2editor folder (overwriting the ones already there), see if that changes anything.

Falsi sumus crusto!
PreviousPage 12 of 15Next