Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Emancipation Grids - How To?

PreviousPage 3 of 3

The new Unreal Engine 3 starts out empty, but can't leak (how that works, I have no idea).

Ok I'm done. Back to Portal mapping. ;)

is there anyway to change the size of the fizzle field? I looked in an official map and it looks like they use several of them to tile across the space needed, in that case does anyone know their exact range from the entity?

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

You'd have to do some testing yourself, but it looks like the area is a 256x256 flat surface with the entity in the center.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I'm trying to do an emancipation grille at the moment, but I con't have info_pariticle_system in my entity list. Is it in a particular fgd that I haven't loaded or something?

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%
Wroth wrote:
I'm trying to do an emancipation grille at the moment, but I con't have info_pariticle_system in my entity list. Is it in a particular fgd that I haven't loaded or something?

yep Its not in the .FGD, you need to make an entity, then change its classname and keyvalues afterwards.

Ah, so you make it manually? I seeee. Thanks!

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%

Id recommend calling them

"fizzle fields" rather than "emancipation grids"

if you played with the commentary on, they refer to them as fizzle fields, its also easier to type, less syllables, etc. :P

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]
Artesia wrote:
Id recommend calling them
"fizzle fields" rather than "emancipation grids"
if you played with the commentary on, they refer to them as fizzle fields, its also easier to type, less syllables, etc. :P

ahem... "Fizzlers" is actually what they say. which has even less sylables. And has made its way into my dictionary already

Fizzler - noun, An incandessent particle field that emancipates unauthorised objects and on rare cases other things such as fillings and teeth

PreviousPage 3 of 3