Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Emancipation Grids - How To?

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Fair enough. I can't describe how much I dislike vmex since some people think that they can "recycle" official map content, slap in some new entities and call it their own. Such as the 3 million "de_dust_2007_party_v16" maps out there, or some idiot on another forum who basically was calling the SDK VMF of the last City 17 map his own.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

The "incandesent partical beam"

- Make a brush for the cleanser field, - 1 block thick and make it a trigger_portal_cleanser, Flag Clients and Everything

- create an entity in the center of the cleanser field. Give it a class name of info_particle_system and give it the following keyvalues:

start_active "1"
effect_name "portal_cleanser"
angles 0 0 0
hammerid "000001"

- Make sure the angle of the entity is parallel with the cleanser field.

youme wrote:
The "incandesent partical beam"

- Make a brush for the cleanser field, - 1 block thick and make it a trigger_portal_cleanser, Flag Clients and Everything

- create an entity in the center of the cleanser field. Give it a class name of info_particle_system and give it the following keyvalues:

start_active "1"
effect_name "portal_cleanser"
angles 0 0 0
hammerid "000001"

- Make sure the angle of the entity is parallel with the cleanser field.

Added (quick & dirty however) to the wiki with credit. I'm of the opinion that any knowledge posted in the forums (or anywhere else) should be on the wiki.

Baconfeet :: Any original content was a mistake.

Good man! :thumbup: Someone will clean it up eventually I'm sure, just as long as it is there and doesn't get lost in the bowels of the forum!

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Weird, there is no such stigma in the Unreal community, granted I've never heard of someone claiming a modified official map as their own.

Angel_Mapper wrote:
Weird, there is no such stigma in the Unreal community, granted I've never heard of someone claiming a modified official map as their own.

Very true, but with Unreal maps, there is no such thing as compiling. That's one of the beauties of a CSG engine, but I digress.

Au contraire, Unreal is a CSG engine, and you do compile the maps (just, to the same file as the source ;) ).

Well, you don't compile it in the same sense you compile BSP maps, but I don't think I need to explain the differences between BSP and CSG to you. ;)

Wikipedia says both unreal and source use CSG, I am thinking the difference you mean is that unreal* starts with a solid world and you carve out your level, where as quake/source starts empty and you add solids to make your level.

Hammer may support CSG but its not procedural as the term is usually used, only the final result is stored.

*Unreal 1 did, maybe this has changed in the decade since.

Only a spider trusts the web

*mutters under breath* This thread is off topic

:shock: who said that! *looks around wildly* :D

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next