Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Emancipation Grids - How To?

Page 1 of 3Next

Okay, so I have my trigger_portal_cleanser covering the area, and I managed to make it look like the official grids, but it doesn't emancipate the cubes I throw into it.

Has anyone managed to find this out? I think it would be a trigger_multiple the an output:
Output Name: OnTrigger
Target Entity: !activator
Input Name: Emancipate

Or something like that. Whoever who can, please help me. :(

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

Did you look at the official maps i have some decompiled i you want them...

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.

You could try a 'Func_phystrap' brush, and set the flag to 'physics objects'.

However this would also remove energy ball, however is done produce that cool fizzle effect.

function_portal_cleanser
in flags check the "everything" box

one question, how did you get the particle system working so it looks like the ones in the game? I thought it wasn't working yet unti l the sdk was released

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]
Artesia wrote:
one question, how did you get the particle system working so it looks like the ones in the game? I thought it wasn't working yet unti l the sdk was released

You have to manually put in an info_particle_system (not sure if that is right). The best way to do it is to copy one from an official map, since that is apparantly included in the new base FGD which we don't have yet.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks guys.

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

i've seen these decompiles maps mentioned where can i get them? i have some ideas which they'd be a great help for (cinematic sequences like the beginning, in particular).

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Edit: Less helpful in light of the last post

Only a spider trusts the web
msleeper wrote:
Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

yea, i just want to see how the first sequence works, where the pod opens and you get out (instead of just starting you out next to one).

Page 1 of 3Next