Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Call to action: Wiki Authoring

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next

I've added a small amount of information to Laser Catcher, Laser Relay, 2 new bugs to the Common issues (never heard anyone else notice them), and a bit more Observation Room info.

Nacimota: This is off topic but your avatar makes me sad, I recently watched the final episode of House :(

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal
UsCobra11 wrote:
Nacimota: This is off topic but your avatar makes me sad, I recently watched the final episode of House :(

I haven't seen it yet; spoil it for me and I'll punish you.

Nacimota - I agree with your intent. Unfortunately, I'm pretty 100% sure that Valve staff setup that page as-is so I wouldn't bank on it changing. My suggesting would be to contact whoever is the wikiop over there and tell him what you think and see what they want to do, if anything.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Okay I've left a message on Jeff Lane's talk page before making changes. Feel free to add your thoughts there or in this thread.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... Maker_Page

I agree with Nacimota on this one too - especially getting rid of the 'Puzzlecraft Tips', which is kind of a muddled definition and could overlap with Editing Tips - Design Theory is a much better term.

Regardless, I made an entry for the Laser Emitter, added a little tip to Editing Tips and added an explanation of how to export to Hammer in the FAQ.

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
---------------------------

Added Compilation, Exporting, and Locations to the P2C file page, giving basic file locations, compile parameters, and exporting method.

My Portal2 Map: Trapped

My Travel Blog:

Me and virtuOS started to translate the Level Design page to German. Any other native speakers: Join in! PM me so we can talk about who does what.

Should the main Puzzle Editor page talk more about canon? I think I'll sign up and add that information.

Favorite theme: Retro Aperture

Now let's solve this thing! ^^

I added some additional information to light panels, observation rooms, and piston platforms pages.

My Maps:
[spoiler][SP] Alternate[/spoiler]

There are sufficient articles and content that I've gone ahead and added a link to the Puzzle Maker category to the top menu. Good work, people! Keep adding content and info where it's needed.

kariko wrote:
Should the main Puzzle Editor page talk more about canon? I think I'll sign up and add that information.

No. The VDC isn't for fluff. It's a technical manual.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
PreviousPage 2 of 4Next