Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

PreviousPage 7 of 60Next
FelixGriffin wrote:
But you'd still see the walls and floor behind it, wouldn't you? I mean, blocklight doesn't block the player's sight, does it?

Does anyone even use the block light texture? I've never used it, except once when I was looking at tools. I completely forget what it is though

Big Mood

Basically, it makes an artificial lightmap shadow. You can use it to get cool shadows from gratings and such.

What you were probably thinking of was the tools/toolsblack texture, which absorbs all light.

Falsi sumus crusto!

This would be so much easier if Rubrica had finished the aesthetics of portal 2 post. Someone should really write that.

Big Mood

to make an invinite fall I would have a generic skybox with some bts elements added, then the designer would be given a few different blocks to use... large skybox blocks, some broken wall panels with skybox backings
a problem is that skyboxs draw behind everything
so you will get some weird drawings depending on which visleafs are visible

I've used the block light. I had a map where a crusher broken down a wall, but I didn't want the chambers lighting getting mixed with the lighting in the bts. and yes it can make some cool custom shadows when used with projected textures

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

Or maybe it could replace the goo with a giant world portal leading to a bottomless pit. :P

It's not like Valve doesn't like using world portals in the PTI already.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Or maybe it could replace the goo with a giant world portal leading to a bottomless pit. :P

True. I keep every visual setting as low as possible, and the world portals in the doors bug the hell out of me when I finish a map and look back at my work. It's just there...

What about a custom skybox like what was used in flings and roundabouts?

Big Mood
FelixGriffin wrote:

no, because the pit wont necessarily be square, besides that they are expensive

BenVlodgi wrote:
FelixGriffin wrote:

no, because the pit wont necessarily be square, besides that they are expensive

Make another earth buy it if it's so expensive. I'm sure you could trick a squid into buying it, and then steal it back.

Big Mood

performance wise, if you had more than one pit you would get a ton of rendering errors, also to get the portal to be the exact size, you would have to use one for each voxel... the game would just die

What about the sky box idea? Could that work, or does this earth not have enough money for that?

Big Mood
PreviousPage 7 of 60Next