Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

PreviousPage 3 of 60Next
FelixGriffin wrote:
Thanks! I've been using that as a reference when I add stuff to the editor, so I wanted to know if anything new had been discovered.

Is it now possible to use properties like Start Open on untyped elements?

yes.. thats the only built in property for classless items

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

I thought it was StartEnabled which was built in?

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
I thought it was StartEnabled which was built in?

hah, well yes its the same thing

There's a different property called StartOpen. I was wondering if I could use both, in which case that would allow four different test elements per instance (if used correctly).

Falsi sumus crusto!

ohh I see... I dont think so, I think that one is custom

You can also use TimerDelay on any item. Like StartEnabled, it sets a variable on the instance, so you can use it for any non-negative integer value, not just time. Just make sure your documentation explains to the user what the settings does on any custom element :)

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

This may be unnecessary, but should cameras be part of this? If space is really limited, then don't include them, people can go to hammer for that if they REALLY want them. Still...

Big Mood

They could always be added as an option on something like a lightbridge, which attaches to a wall.

Falsi sumus crusto!
portal2tenacious wrote:
This may be unnecessary, but should cameras be part of this? If space is really limited, then don't include them, people can go to hammer for that if they REALLY want them. Still...

as soon as VALVe publishes something like a tabbed paging system, or a scroll bar I'll add things like that, however right now I'm just adding things that can make better puzzles warm lights being the only exception

BenVlodgi wrote:
portal2tenacious wrote:

as soon as VALVe publishes something like a tabbed paging system, or a scroll bar I'll add things like that, however right now I'm just adding things that can make better puzzles warm lights being the only exception

Warm lights can make better puzzles. They can direct your attention to a certain area in contrast to cool lights, or visa versa. When VALVe makes the paging system, would you be able to put them in the same prop? With a little check box that says warm and cool. Like the fizzler or death field choice. It would save room for other entities.

Big Mood
PreviousPage 3 of 60Next