Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

PreviousPage 2 of 60Next
FelixGriffin wrote:
Actually, you can combine, to a certain extent. If you inherit from ItemCubeButton you can have six types (normal, cube, ball on black and white), from ItemPaint four, or from ItemCube five. The limitation is that the only thing which can change is the VMF, not the collision area or occupied voxels or anything.

true story, and why aren't you on steam right now?
I cant combine the emitter and catcher, because of the differences they have with in and outputs
however I may be able to consolidate the triggers

portal2tenacious wrote:
Can you find a way to put info_placement_helpers in? I know some maps need that.

in a word.. yes
that may be the easiest thing to add.. but then you have to ask yourself... why do maps really need these?
and how would you want to be able to choose where it goes, and what rotation it gets?

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

I already have icons and models for the autosave trigger and placement helper in my editor add-on. Feel free to use those if you want.

(I didn't get around to make a separate thread for that add-on yet, since it started out as just an experiment.)

FelixGriffin wrote:
Actually, you can combine, to a certain extent. If you inherit from ItemCubeButton you can have six types (normal, cube, ball on black and white), from ItemPaint four, or from ItemCube five. The limitation is that the only thing which can change is the VMF, not the collision area or occupied voxels or anything.

You can change the occupied area of an element by changing the parameters in editoritems.txt. I'va written some basic documentation for it, which may be useful. (The "InstanceNames" part is outdated.)

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

Oh, no, sorry, what I was trying to say was that each type of floor button can't have its own collision area. By the way, what's the new information about the instances section?

Falsi sumus crusto!

can you also make black and white 64x64 cubes that can be stacked? that would be really useful.
and maybe a rocket turret?

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

Unfortunately, all puzzle creator things have to touch a normal tile for it to compile properly.

Falsi sumus crusto!

darn. but couldn't you make them out of func_brushes and have it have options in the editor to select 1-10 blocks, by disabling and enabling w/ parms?

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

Probably, but as far as options go we're limited to existing options. So you can have four using the paint types, three using the button types, or five using the cube types.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Are the triggers stretchable to cover a larger area?

Current Community Contributor status: not a community contributor. Lost it. :(
FelixGriffin wrote:
Oh, no, sorry, what I was trying to say was that each type of floor button can't have its own collision area. By the way, what's the new information about the instances section?

Ah, now I understand what you mean. You can't have different sub-types of a test element have different size allocations, that's correct.

The format for referring to instances from editortems.txt has changed since I wrote that text. Initially it was called "InstanceNames" (IIRC) and it just contained a list of file names. Now the same section is called "Instances" and it has added entity and brush counts for each instance, presumably to tell when you're going over-budget without having to do an actual compile.

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

Thanks! I've been using that as a reference when I add stuff to the editor, so I wanted to know if anything new had been discovered.

Is it now possible to use properties like Start Open on untyped elements?

Falsi sumus crusto!
PreviousPage 2 of 60Next