Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Attn. TWP-ers! TWP in-game Advertising wanted!

PreviousPage 5 of 13Next

PixeledFace is officially the best person ever. This wasn't a contest, but if it was, he won.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Looking better and better, PixelatedFace.

PixeledFace wrote:
Or without the Aperture Logo (Ring)? :)

Now that you mention it, the ring looks a little weird when combined with the TWP logo :S

The ratman scrawl and the elevator video are complete genius. Kudos to you guys. I know at least one person working on a different elevator video, can't wait to see that either.

We were in IRC (you should join, it's rad) and coming up with some ideas for anyone who wants to tackle it. The idea I had was to modify an observation room so that the monitors in there are facing towards the glass, and using a BNK or a scrolling material proxy, and have the monitor scroll the site logo from side to side.

Another idea was making some Old Aperture style posters (maybe using the very old site logo). Have a "did you know" about Spotlight maps (did you know spotlight maps are: high quality, etc etc) or something like that.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

You know, in my latest map, I made a vgui movie look like it was playing on a computer screen. In fact, it's going to be a screenshot thumbnail for my map if your interested.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

So here goes a blind shot. It took ages to animate Bendy, and I don't think he turned out right.
I'm going to see if I can't make it better, but :snooze:

http://youtu.be/1sTybnjpHIU

"Do not try to visualise the boundaries of your map's potential. That is impossible. Instead, only realise the truth. There are no boundaries."
[SP] Real Confetti (Community Round-up! April 1st - May 7th 2012) Check it out!

I'd love to be able to come up with something like this !.. I'm still struggling getting my head around completing my first map ...

Would be great to use these in my map though!

Good work!

Tried in on my own:

Looks nice! Did you used oil pastel or crayons?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

That's a crayon. :thumbup:

DamnImOnFire - A few suggestions. Get rid of your name in the corner, please. Also you may want to consider using different font sizes for the different text. Maybe white text too. You also probably want the whole thing to play out a bit faster, the in-game videos are only like 10 seconds long or so? Check out the official Aperture videos from Valve to get a feel for their style if you haven't watched them already.

Either way, :notworthy: .

zivi7 - Awesome! Love it. :D

PreviousPage 5 of 13Next