Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Attn. TWP-ers! TWP in-game Advertising wanted!

PreviousPage 4 of 13Next

I've just noticed that it fades in from black; that should probably be removed so the video can loop properly. Making the centre bendy wave (as chickenmobile said) would also be a good idea. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect I think.

chickenmobile wrote:

Two minutes? You're better at this that Doug.

PixeledFace wrote:
Here's what I came up with. :)

Wow, that looks really authentic. Not something I mind putting in some of my elevators, good job. :thumbup:

Skotty wrote:
In the attachments you can find my part. It's a big model, as you have it for Aperture sometimes hanging around.

Aww, I'd love to take a look at that because I'm curious about the looks, but alas, that would require too much effort for my indolent self...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maps in Development:
[spoiler]- Penrose 04 (on hold)[/spoiler]

PixeledFace, that is a great elevator video. My chances at winning just decreased at a exponential rate. :(

chickenmobile wrote:
ImageThought zivi might appreciate it.

(took 2 minutes) But definitely not better than Master Laggers

That would be great to put in a bts or hidden area. And your right, it's definitely not better than my pixel poster. :lol:

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

Even if that elevator video doesn't win, do you mind if I put it in some of my custom maps?

Falsi sumus crusto!

Thanks a lot for the feedback!! :)

Here's the new version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL25zFIG ... e=youtu.be

My Changes:
+Added shadows
+Made "Spotlight"-Bendy wave (as suggested ;))
+Added transition at the end so it loops :D

chickenmobile wrote:
Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

zivi put this in-game. Looking at that screenshot, the overlay looks pretty good, but the writing seems a bit small compared to the other ratmann scribbles. (In particular, the other Ratmann stuff seems to have a thicker, bolder stroke.)
To me, the 'P' in 'Portals' should maybe be a bit higher up - it looks almost lowercase in that position, as least to my eyes.

PixeledFace wrote:

Love it. I can see it fitting to the Aperture PSA music! It'd be nice if 'thinkingwithportals.com' was styled similarly to the site logo. Maybe flash up images/video clips of TWP maps on the video?

About the ratman drawing: I scanned this quick scribble. It would take me ages to learn how to make this look nice and color it correctly. So if any of the better picture editors wants to use this as a base, let me know.

PixeledFace wrote:
Here's the new version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL25zFIG ... e=youtu.be

My Changes:
+Added shadows
+Made "Spotlight"-Bendy wave (as suggested ;))
+Added transition at the end so it loops :D

Very very good, but I think the last scene with the URL is too short. You really need to be a fast reader for this last text.

BEARD! wrote:
Love it. I can see it fitting to the Aperture PSA music! It'd be nice if 'thinkingwithportals.com' was styled similarly to the site logo. Maybe flash up images/video clips of TWP maps on the video?

Do you mean something like this? ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqFd9AVL ... e=youtu.be
Or without the Aperture Logo (Ring)? :)

Skotty wrote:
Very very good, but I think the last scene with the URL is too short. You really need to be a fast reader for this last text.

Yeah, the scene really was a bit too short. I made it longer now. :D

I am working on making an elevator video. It could take a while as I am doing it in Flash and then have to convert it twice. First from ".fla" to ".avi" then from avi to ".bik". If anyone knows a decent FLA to AVI converter, please let me know.

Wow! That was...uh, yeah. Just, yeah.
PreviousPage 4 of 13Next