Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Your new writer...

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

I guess I have to find a new writer now. :(

Portal: Quest for Cake: 5%
[img]www31.brinkster.com/taob1/Signiture2.bmp[/img]

LOL, no you dont... ;-)

I don't know what I did wrong exactly; I read the forum rules on posting and I thought I wasn't doing anything bad -- although I see the email seems to have bothered an admin, sorry about that. I guess I should have only used PMs. I'm sorry, it wasn't meant as spam.

Hum, what else to say? I did everything from mission briefings in games to fantasy and horror short stories, contemporary fiction (first book coming out this fall), and even comic book storyboards. I didn't know anywhere else to post this 'announcement' that people like me exist and are interested to be part of the community.

:lol: No you didn't break any rules, your post just kinda seemed like spam. Sorry about that!

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

When someone with 2 posts, no signature or avatar posts something like that it's usually spam.

What have you published though?

Well, to me spamming something means rapidly posting the same message endlessly to annoy people. I didn't think creating a new thread would be considered excessive. Anyway, at first I thought it was because my post wasn't directly "about Portal" but since it's the email that seemed to have been the snag, I have my answer now. So PM me then.

You can feel free to post it back up.

There are spambots that try to register and post up links to websites or emails, for who knows what purpose. Normally it is a wham-bam-gtfo like you can see on the Ban page. Like I said, I thought you were one of them but I wasn't sure since, yeah, you weren't actually spamming anything.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Mapster wrote:
What have you published though?

Nothing yet, his first book comes out this fall, as he said.

quentin wrote:
Nothing yet, his first book comes out this fall, as he said.

Actually, I did. Vampires short stories count, as well as contests I won. Ironically, the vampire thing actually started as a HL2 mod design document. Sadly, the mod fell through and never saw the light of day so I turned them into short stories, where they found their home.

But being published isn't necessarely a proof of anything in particular (though it's a dreamy icing on an already sweet cake and I'm glad I got it!) Suffice to say I'm not some kid who dreams up dungeons in his basement. I'm 31 years old, I work in video games for a living and apparently I'm good enough as a writer to be given contracts and earn money off of what I do so if that's worth anything to someone, drop me a line.

Speaking of which, back on topic, here's my address again, with permission of the admins. Sorry for all the confusion.

relaisterre@yahoo.ca

not that I am saying that I doubt you, but because I am interested..

ISBN # of the title with your stories please.. and I believe this is on topic.. as you said "Your new writer" as the title of this thread.

And Welcome...

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next