Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[WIP] The Flood

PreviousPage 3 of 3
Rivid31 wrote:
Yeah. You didn't get to the end
Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Pretty much all of it.

Spoiler

I've looked around quite a bit. Didn't find anything unfortunately...

Alright. I think I've got an idea to stop the tunneling. And maybe I'll throw in an overlay to hint people in the right direction after you're across.

Just finished playing the updated version. I do really like the concept for this map, and the GLaDOS clips are great, they really add a lot. However, I found this map pretty frustrating. I think you need to even out the difficulty a bit.

I was able to get through the first room without hitting the button by

Spoiler

In the second room with the turrets

Spoiler

What is the intended solution to the first room? There is no way in hell I will be able to do all those little jumps with the water rising, even with quicksaves, so go ahead and spoil it for me. :)

Cr00ked.

Crooked Paul, there is no spoiler for the first room. It's a jump room. And it can be done. I hate it so much, but I did it. I reccomend quick saving as soon as yoou are about to jump onto the first portalable surface.

I've got plans to adjust the difficulty of the first room, as well as fix the shortcuts... I'll probably just cut the water speed in half or something so its not so much a rush against the water, just a reminder that you can't spend forever trying to make your way through. I've never really liked the 2nd room either... so it'll probably be changed soon as well.

Crooked Paul wrote:
Spoiler

I don't understand that. It was painfully obvious that there were turrets up there, and you've got a little bit of time before the stairs enable, so there's some time to plan. Since you can't see the floor you look at the walls.

Spoiler

Player1 wrote:
I don't understand that. It was painfully obvious that there were turrets up there, and you've got a little bit of time before the stairs enable, so there's some time to plan.

I think you're a good deal faster than the average, Player1, whereas I have a more methodical style (which is maybe a nice way of saying I'm slow). For you, that 15-second breather is plenty of time to figure out an effective strategy. For me, it's nowhere near enough.

Cr00ked.
PreviousPage 3 of 3