Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[WIP] Rachel's Palace Of Portals.

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

I just can't do it. At all.
The first puzzle is too hard, and I don't want to read spoilers. Its not even clear where you are supposed to be trying to get to, the slanted block seems to be aming you back towards the room you are trying to get out of...wtf?

is there some technique i need to use that isnt taught by valve in the official maps? and what is portal tunneling?

youme wrote:
I just can't do it. At all.
The first puzzle is too hard, and I don't want to read spoilers. Its not even clear where you are supposed to be trying to get to, the slanted block seems to be aming you back towards the room you are trying to get out of...wtf?

is there some technique i need to use that isnt taught by valve in the official maps? and what is portal tunneling?

It was difficult - I got bored and noclipped then seen a small passage at the side of the wall, in between the two glass parts. It's very hard. D:

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

portal tunnelling is when you stick your head out of a portal and then fire a new exit and jump back into it before it pushes you out

also if you talking about the first puzzle your over shooting

aim a little lower on the wall... maybe you dont need to even go to the sludge...

i never used the slanted wall in the first fling puzzle. i was able to land standing in the first hole, then just jump down into the alley between glass planes.

Quote:
and what is portal tunneling?

there is a vid of it i posted a few posts back.

Quote:
so here is a random vid of someone doing it, if you're not familiar.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f0ZcshqpQO4

Its damn hard to fire portals on to portalable surfaces too. sort your noportal volumes out! its just frustrating

Yeah you really do have to aim at the dead center to get a portal to stick

On most surfaces there aren't any noportal volumes, I used the texture fix that was posted. I have no idea why it's so hard to throw portals in some places. I'll probably recompile the level with the official SDK when it comes out to see if that helps.

Ralph wrote:
Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Spoiler
;)

Spoiler

Only a spider trusts the web

Spoiler

Is "Hulk Smash" a new Portal techinque?

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
PreviousPage 3 of 4Next