Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[WIP] Rachel's Palace Of Portals.

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next
Angel_Mapper wrote:
Ah crap, I forgot to no-portal the floor in between the glass. Is that what you mean?

i solved it once by dropping down there and launching back through the holes. actually, i thought this was the intended route. :roll: .
but what i meant first was you can sit inside a portal and shoot another across the map then repeat to move around the map without touching the ground. i used this technique to skip most of the level. here's a screen. but i guess it's hard to explain. so here is a random vid of someone doing it, if you're not familiar.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=f0ZcshqpQO4

Ah, ok, I understand now. Thank you!

roger federer wrote:
i solved it once by dropping down there and launching back through the holes. actually, i thought this was the intended route. :roll: .

The intended route is through the 2 dot door after both ball catchers have been activated. I've fixed the floor between the glass, I'll upload a new version after I get the rest of these fixes in. :)

Angel_Mapper wrote:
The intended route is through the 2 dot door after both ball catchers have been activated.

yeah, but what method do you use to fling yourself through the holes in the glass? i did it three ways, and all three were unintended. lol.

From the start, there are three ways that I know of, two unintended but that I plan on leaving in.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
If there are others I would like to patch them up.

Going from the top level back to the finish, there are two ways that I know of, one unintentional but that I plan on leaving in.

Spoiler

I would like to leave in the super-advanced way of finishing the level.

Spoiler

So, three ways through the glass, two ways back through the 'two dot' door, and one advanced way back through from between the glass.

[edit] Added a new version fixing the floor between the glass, standing on the edge of the observation room, and added sounds to the ball catchers.

you have a hole/no texture line in the hall way with the energy ball collectors sit, if your sitting on the red button where the fast ball goes and you look left where the wall and floor meet you cant miss it, goes about 2/3's of the hallway

Ah, I see them. Thanks. :) Fixed and re-uploaded.

May also want to add a func_noportal_volume above the box dropper in the ceiling textures.

Spoiler

I don't think this was an intended effect ^^ But it allowed me to complete
it a second time... I can't finish that second energy ball puzzle legitly it seems.

rofl... Thanks, forgot about that. :D Fixed and uploaded.

I agree with Crooked Paul, the first fling puzzle is a bit of a steep step. I had to read spoilers on exactly what to do just to make sure I was on the right track, since

Spoiler

After that though, everything seemed pretty good. The orb puzzles also seemed to rely on luck more than anything.

Spoiler

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

This took me maybe 20 mins to finish, few observations:

Spoiler

Only a spider trusts the web
PreviousPage 2 of 4Next