Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Which themes, or texture sets do you enjoy playing in most?

Page 1 of 2Next

A follow up to my poll on puzzle elements.

I tried to break the themes up best I could, there might be more, not sure :/

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

The old Aperture areas were hands down my favorite part of Portal 2. I would love to see some really well made custom maps using this scheme, or even some official maps/DLC from it.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Me too! That part's so schizo tech :D

I'll definitely make one of these at some point. Let's hope those huge spheres are not too diffucult to make.

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic
HMW wrote:
Let's hope those huge spheres are not too diffucult to make.

It's basically a really big static prop, some fog, and some water. The important part is the stuff inside the sphere :P

I'd have to say that the 1940s-1980s Aperture is definitely my favorite, although my favorite individual texture is, hands down,

I wonder if the old Aperture is awesome just because of Cave Johnson or if the art style has anything to do with it.

Hello! This is the part where I kill you!

You should have an option for the 'big brother' observation areas of the labs (only really seen in Portal 1)

Have a nice day,
~Sidneys1

^Click to go to my Steam Community Profile^

The old aperture is my favourite, I like the way they changed the appearance of all the test elements for it (technically they did that for the Wheatley chambers as well, but it was more like the original - besides you see it in the old chambers first). It reminds me of a really old game that did something similar (if you've played the first two Descent games you probably know what I'm talking about).

When I die I want to be dissected by some mad genius and used in one of his evil schemes. It's great to be part of something bigger than yourself.

I loved how big the Wheatley ones felt. The space was nice for once :)

New tracks every Saturday!
http://www.soundcloud.com/jomonay
"Anything that you do, just be THE best at it" - Kanye West
Jomonay wrote:
I loved how big the Wheatley ones felt. The space was nice for once :)

Ah no...meme...urge...too...strong...can't...resiSPAAAAAAAAAAACE

**phew**

Sorry about that. Anyway, I really like the old Aperture chambers. Love the giant

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
for that matter.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

I liked the Whitely ones, but my favourite were the Clean Portal 2 style. The actual test chamber style, very white very clean. I love the look and that is the gameplay I love the most (solving the puzzles, using buttons, using cubes.)

I really dislike the behind the scenes stuff, walking when you have a portal gun sucks.

Walking when you have a portal gun sucks.

Check out my Portal 2 map, Entrapment!
http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/community-releases/entrapment-1-1-1-t2323.html

I personally liked the broken, dilapidated look the most. Unfortunetly that also seems to be the one that needs the most work to make pretty.

Page 1 of 2Next