Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Which themes, or texture sets do you enjoy playing in most?

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I am impartial to the old test spheres and the Portal 2 BTS, though I also like the clean version.
it'd bee nice to see a combination map, like if the clean gets gradually ripped apart...

Ooop, just had a brainwave for a new P2 map.

SPACE.

Seeing the Logic?

Did you know that American English isn't even my first language? It's actually [spoiler]British English[/spoiler]
Released maps of note:
[spoiler]Versatile Diversity
L-Circuts[/spoiler]

Definitely the 1940-1980 period. Which is strange because I had a heated debate over game styles in which i realised I hate grey, washed out, post apocalyptic games but loves the grey, washed out, post apocalyptic area of Portal. I start up the game and just play through it for fun. In comparison I really do not like any of the rest of the game at all. Don't get me wrong I love the game and do like the style. but if I had the option of playing all the tests behind the [VITRIFIED] doors in the old building I would live there and do nothing else.

The best part aesthetically was the destroyed Aperture Laboratories. Second comes Wheatley's style and then GLaDOS' repaired chambers.

If at first you don't succeed, error check: http://www.interlopers.net/errors/

1.Clean Chambers-There are some really cool effects & aesthetics you can do with these, plus I like the white/black contrast and the reflective metals.
2.Portal 1 BTS-I don't know why, but these have always been a favorite of mine. I guess I liked going through the inner workings of the enrichment center.
3.Wheately-Similar to the clean test chambers, but in a different light, figurative & literally.

I didn't like the 1940-1980's style. It was neat to see what all the AS equipment looked like before then, but after the 3rd or 4th chamber it got really old (haha) and boring to look at, and I had more trouble thinking with portals with this wide open space around me.

Well I was inspired by this thread to take a stab at making a wierd amalgam.
It combines the Cave-Jonson themed areas (and music / sounds / textures) with...
Wheatley-Style stuff? Ehhh?? It's weird. But it works.

I loved building this theme so much I want to make more in this style!

DL Link for those interested:
Colours Co-Op : : Map 3

And Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyZd5qRF46Q

Old Aperture was my favorite place in P2: it was basically Black Mesa, but with the raging Bioshock parody ongoing it was just so fascinating.

Cut to modded maps, I don't think that without any story attached to them, they would still work that charmly. I voted for the disrepaired chambers, which lasted a whole 30 mins even though P2 looked like it was set in the jungle all along. 8)

the hills are alive... with the sound of music
PreviousPage 2 of 2