Please or Register to create posts and topics.

We're Expanding into Social Networking

PreviousPage 2 of 2

There was a minor problem with the "New Downloads Feed". If you subscribed to this feed, please adjust it so that you are using the new feed. The correct feed URL is here. This has been reflected site-wide.

I also added a +1 on Google+ button for anyone cool enough to be on there.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Hurricaaane wrote:
Multiple things

Point taken. I've adjusted a few of the settings (the friends list can now no longer be viewed by anyone except the staff) and I'll be looking through the settings more to see if something can't be done about the issues you've brought up. Thanks for the feedback.

So, a disclaimer: If you friend us on Facebook, for the time being we will have the same status as any other friends on Facebook. If your privacy settings are set to "Friends of Friends" visibility on something (status, photo, etc.), another person who has friended TWP may be able to see it. They will not be able to find you through our friends list, but on the off chance that person stumbles across your profile in another way the item may very well be visible to them. I'm still looking into whether the 'Friends list visible only to the staff' option removes the "ThinkingWithPortals Mapping is now friends with" status posts.

Also, don't feel it's absolutely necessary to friend us on Facebook. It's not like anything posted there won't be duplicated at least two times through the site itself and Twitter.

This disclaimer will also be inserted into the original post. Thanks for the continuing feedback as we work out the bugs with this.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

First post.... but why not make an official IRC channel too? I see it benefiting the community a lot.

Blaizer wrote:
First post.... but why not make an official IRC channel too? I see it benefiting the community a lot.

We had one, years ago. Barely anyone used it and we shut it down in like 2009.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Double-fixed the "New Downloads" feed. Anyone who is using it with a reader, just refresh/clear your current feed results and let it re-pull them.

And we're proud to announce that WinstonSmith's mistake with Facebook has been fixed.

But Winston, aren't you admitting a staff member screwed up? Which should never be done to maintain a position of authority?

Well yes. Anyway, we've now created a Facebook page that can be liked instead of friended, meaning that there won't be any issues with "my boss friended TWP too and now he can see my posts and photos" or anything of the like. The link in the sidebar has been changed as well. If you're already friends with us on Facebook, you can most likely expect some sort of suggestion to like the page soon, but don't let that hold you back if you want to go ahead and do so now. Feel free to unfriend the profile if you want; we'll probably be unfriending people soon anyway since the profile's existence is now null and void except for administrative purposes.

In addition by the time you read this the link in the original post will have been updated to reflect the new page.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

The link to the the Google+ doesn't work. Is it because it's not set up yet? I wanted to add Thinking With Portals to one of my circles on there.

Some of my Portal 2 maps || Mini-Faith || Careful Cube || Vertical Reach ||

|| Need help uploading a map...new user? Read my Map Uploading Guide ||
|| Want to play custom maps, but don't know how? Read my Playing Portal 2 Custom Maps Guide ||

TWP doesn't have a user on Google+. The link there goes nowhere, it's only a link to match everything else. You can +1 it by clicking the actual +1, though.

PreviousPage 2 of 2