Please or Register to create posts and topics.

We are now deleting "playground", fullbright, etc. type maps

PreviousPage 4 of 8Next
msleeper wrote:
In fact, consider that a challenge. Anyone who thinks they can make a playground map that is also a "high quality download", do your best. I dare you.

What will I win?

I do my science from scratch.
Mr. Happy wrote:
msleeper wrote:
In fact, consider that a challenge. Anyone who thinks they can make a playground map that is also a "high quality download", do your best. I dare you.

What will I win?

You might win a virtual cookie.

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page
Mr. Happy wrote:
msleeper wrote:

What will I win?

The cake.

cookies are delicious!

I do my science from scratch.
msleeper wrote:
In an effort to help keep high-quality maps a mainstay of the ThinkingWithPortals.com community, myself and the staff will begin removing "Released" maps from the Download Database that do not meet absolute minimum standards. These include, but are not limited to:

- Maps with no lighting (fullbright maps)
- "Playground" or sandbox type maps (assuming they are of general poor quality on their own, see above)
- Maps with no goal, puzzle or objective

These are not hard-and-fast rules; the decision to remove a file is entirely up to the discretion of the staff. Period. The goal is not to stifle creativity or make a "No Fun Allowed" rule; we want to make sure that visitors know that ThinkingWithPortals.com will continue to have some of the best quality Portal 2 maps on the internet.

Let us know if you have any questions about this policy. Thanks.

good. They are a waste of space. May as well make your own

isn't that what the ratings are for? if people don't like a map, they are free to give it 1 or 2 out of 5. downloaders will hesitate before downloading such a lowly rated map.

--

The cake is a PI

--

Add me on STEAM: iamafractal
I'm up for coop games & beta testing your maps...

--
iamafractal wrote:
isn't that what the ratings are for? if people don't like a map, they are free to give it 1 or 2 out of 5. downloaders will hesitate before downloading such a lowly rated map.

Problem is, the more crap maps that get on the site, the harder it is to find a decent playable map.

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page

Also, ratings are all over the map. They tend to be pretty unreliable.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Hober wrote:
Also, ratings are all over the map. They tend to be pretty unreliable.

All players have varying opinions, and there are more that don't vote at all. The more votes, usually the more accurate, but it can still be flawed.

ImageImageVDC User Page

I am happy to see that there is some QA going on here.

PreviousPage 4 of 8Next