Please or Register to create posts and topics.

We are now deleting "playground", fullbright, etc. type maps

PreviousPage 3 of 8Next

Maybe you could implement a system to automatically delete maps with an average of 2/5 over a set amount of votes like 10 or 20?

I very much dislike the idea of an automated deletion system.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
I very much dislike the idea of Skynet.

So say we all.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Hober wrote:
msleeper wrote:
I very much dislike the idea of Skynet.

So say we all.

I, for one, welcome our new AI overlords.

I also welcome keeping the Released section of TWP awesome. These types of "restrictions" are a good move.

msleeper wrote:
I very much dislike the idea of an automated deletion system.

Manual then. Unless you want to end up like mAL, that site is flooded with maps that were clearly made in 10 minutes by people with no fingers. There needs to be some kinda incentive to stop everyone and their dog posting MY FIRST EVURR MAPP LOLZ and drawing downloads and views away from the laboured maps that should be getting them instead.

That's why we have the reporting system. If you think a file really should be pulled, then report it and explain why.

Just don't overdo it. It emails all of the mods, and it gets kind of annoying.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

At least this site is absolutly nothing like the garrysmod sites. Always cluttered with complete garbage. You rarly see anything good.

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page

Personally I like the idea of some kind of quality control. But to me, lighting doesn't really matter that much in a puzzle game. The puzzle itself has to be good. Not necessarily hard, but clever. Having nice lighting or other eye candy sure is a nice thing, but not a requirement in my opinion.

Though I do have to say, some people release their maps far too early. Sometimes you think they haven't even tested the map themselves. Getting rid of those or at least moving them to the WIP section is definitely a good idea.

msleeper wrote:
In fact, consider that a challenge. Anyone who thinks they can make a playground map that is also a "high quality download", do your best. I dare you.

Image*
*not really

I hope some of the competitive co-op maps I'm still making won't get deleted when I upload them. Maybe I should upload only one and see what people think.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
PreviousPage 3 of 8Next