Please or Register to create posts and topics.

TWP in-game advertising results.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Yes, if they don't override anything in a VPK. That's why you can play things with HMW's logic gates even if the images aren't packed.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Yes, if they don't override anything in a VPK. That's why you can play things with HMW's logic gates even if the images aren't packed.

The logic gates don't use any custom images. It's all brushwork. ;)

I must say that the idea of relying on custom, separate assets for workshop maps doesn't sound great. The whole point of the workshop is to have an easy interface that enables anyone to install and play custom maps, without having to hassle with downloading and extracting files into their Portal folder manually.

I think those videos would be really great for some larger SourceMods based projects, like Enceladus, Back-stock, Portal Stories, etc.

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

I would like to point out that 8 (Skotty, Brainstones and PixelFace's is on original thread) out of the 9 mentioned entries we would put in the downloads section has actually been PM'd to the Global Moderators. If you will not attach them to an email or send a link to download a physical copy we can use (no youtube), we won't be able to use them.
I am talking to you DamnImOnFire.

HMW wrote:
FelixGriffin wrote:
I think those videos would be really great for some larger SourceMods based projects, like Enceladus, Back-stock, Portal Stories, etc.

Indeed, the larger the mod (map-pack) the more likely people will play it by downloading off portal map hosting sites.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Hey ya'll. I have uploaded the chosen advertisements to the download database here:
TWP Advertisements

I want to see TWP appearing in your maps proudly people!

Quick question: if someone (e.g. me) is working on an advertisement but didn't get it finished on time (Damn you work, for there being so much of you.), what would be the best way to publish that?

(Besides just using it in my map and let people extract it from there, of course.)

you can still upload it to the forums ^_^

HMW wrote:
Quick question: if someone (e.g. me) is working on an advertisement but didn't get it finished on time (Damn you work, for there being so much of you.), what would be the best way to publish that?

If it's good enough I'll add it to the download.

Ok, sounds good! I'll just upload it when it's done and you guys can decide what to do with it.

I was tossing around the idea of using PixeledFace's video as an outro clip for videos on the Youtube channel. That way, people watch the content, and boom, they see a built-in ad to go to the website. I'd also be interested in using Ziv's rat-man illustration for the same purpose.

Alternatively, PixeledFace: I would love to adapt that elevator video as an intro for the web series, as well. If you would be okay with giving me a copy of the source material's project file (in whichever program you used, Flash, Vegas, doesn't matter), I think that would look a lot cooler than the current elementary fade-in titles that I have.

Regardless, let me know if you're cool with me using your work for that purpose.

wstrika, I would PM him if you haven't already, I don't know how active he is here.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next