Please or Register to create posts and topics.

TWP in-game advertising results.

Page 1 of 3Next

Here are the test results:

The twp community is awesome in creating awesomeness! This is not only limited to awesome portal 2 maps but also art and video's. For those who haven't checked out the thread here's a summary of some of the best entries:

this model is made by skotty

by zivi7

by brainstone

SKUdo14NXZM
by PixeledFace

by brainstone

by greykarel

WlIJv7eUie0
by Habzs

1sTybnjpHIU
By DamnImOnFire

A big thank you for everyone who made something, it's been awesome to see all your creativity!

We encourage everyone now to PM the 'Global Moderators' your final files to be posted inside the downloads section.

A little tweaking might have to be done in order to get the animations to work on elevator screens etc. Did not occur to me that .bik files cannot be packed inside a .bsp until someone posted in other thread.

Well done everybody for participating. TWP thanks you!

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Pakrat might not recognize them, but stock bspzip probably can. Has anyone tried that?

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Yes, they can be packed, and no they don't play in-game.

:(

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

How would one turn it into an animated texture without losing quality through several conversions (BIK -> AVI -> lots of PNGs -> VTF)? Is there a way?

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
How would one turn it into an animated texture without losing quality through several conversions (BIK -> AVI -> lots of PNGs -> VTF)? Is there a way?

It can be converted, but the animated texture would be huge in size compared to a .bik. It is like playing an uncompressed video.
howto

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

So either quality has to be reduced or the amount of frames in order to keep it a reasonable size.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Converting to an animated texture is out of the question, there's a very small maximum number of frames allowed in an animated texture.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
HMW wrote:

I see. But is there no way that changing the file path can fix anything? I'd hate to see the idea of elevator video's go to waste...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maps in Development:
[spoiler]- Penrose 04 (on hold)[/spoiler]
FourthReaper wrote:
HMW wrote:

I see. But is there no way that changing the file path can fix anything? I'd hate to see the idea of elevator video's go to waste...

No, .bik doesn't work if it isn't included. :/
I will give the animated stuff one final try to see what I can do :(

FourthReaper wrote:

Well it won't really "go to waste", it just means that it will have to be included through traditional means. It might be out of the question for Workshop maps, but it doesn't mean it can't be used.

Will workshop maps use custom assets if they're in the Portal 2 folders?

Page 1 of 3Next