Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Timeline for Portal? [SPOILERS]

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next

Wait wait. The fact that the calendars are from that time, or the radios, doesn't say much. As those things must have been used by humans, which might not have been in the facility for years due to GLaDOS' Deadly Neurotoxin.

On the other hand. There were no corpses or anything left behind so you could assume someone cleaned up the mess. Unsure this could have been GLaDOS, so my statement might not hold true.

My specializations:
-Thinking with portals
-Killing with Pyro's
-Defending with Engineers
-Healing with Medics

I agree with you Robinson. The calendars and/or radios doesn't mean anything in my opinion, since GLaDOS killed the personnel, and no-one know s how long ago that happend. Also, regarding the corpses thing, GLaDOS might have other robots/minions that we haven't met yet that removed them. Or perhaps all that toxic waste is the remains of the former personnel :).

Anyway, my money is on that Portal is played out sometime before Half-Life 2's story began.

- Nezerv

I'm thinking with portals!

Try logging in as cjohnson and typing PLAY PORTAL.

You will be linked to a youtube video. Sadly, it's removed.

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

I get the impression that something went wrong during the "bring your daughter to work" day... as I'd imagine that the untested AI instantly realized her situation and trapped everyone in the facility, killing all those who posed a threat and placed these "kids" into an Aperture detention/relaxation chamber for later use...

I dunno about any of you guys, but I didn't see a single scientist or even a engineer or janitor or anything at all while outside the testing facility... Makes ya wonder what the writers of valve have in store for future installations of the "Valve Universe".

Granted that the portal technology was perfected... It would seem that she could have "portalled" the left overs of scientists and engineers into that incinerator to be euthanized.... ;-)

Could that actually be a decent prequal to Portal's current installment?!?!?!?

Damnit, my UIN+L Number keeps changing when I try to memorize it. :-(

f0rkz wrote:
Also, is your main character possible to be Alyx's mom? The picture of Alyx, Alyx's mom, and Eli make me think this to be true.
Wikipedia wrote:
Alyx is the daughter of Dr. Eli Vance. Her mother, Azian[citation needed], can be seen in a family photograph in Black Mesa East with the face of Alyx's voice actor, Merle Dandridge. Azian lived in the facility's dormitories with Alyx, but died during the Black Mesa incident.

Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alyx_Vance

Also, from the fact that at one point GLaDOS says that "You wouldn't like what's going on out there," I get the feeling that the events of Portal took place during or after the Seven Hour War. I have no real proof for this, but I want it to be true. :wink:

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Hober wrote:
Also, the fact that at one point GLaDOS says that "You wouldn't like what's going on out there," I get the feeling that the events of Portal took place during or after the Seven Hour War. I have no real proof for this, but I want it to be true. :wink:

Me too! If that was revealed, it would be awesome. :)

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

If you have not beaten HL2:EP2 DO NOT READ THIS K?

I think that the Borealis ship that is shown at the end of EP2 is the place where GLaDOS resides. It makes sense considering the whole spiel Eli gives about how "that type of power should not be used, we must destroy it". Obviously referring to the portal gun? Also the reference of how the ship "simply disappeared", another easy reference to portals.

Needless to say, the next episode of Half-Life 2 is going to be damn fun.

When they reveal it it's gonna be like,

WOW it was always there and I never noticed it!

That's what I like about Half-Life, the mysteries, and the solutions afterwards!

I think that the Borealis is carrying a large-scale version of the portal technology, which the Combine want because they don't have anything like it (as alluded to by Alyx and Mossman in HL2), and having it would make transport between their worlds easier and faster, not to mention "cheaper" (since they had to blow up the fucking Citadel to try and open one).

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
I think that the Borealis is carrying a large-scale version of the portal technology, which the Combine want because they don't have anything like it (as alluded to by Alyx and Mossman in HL2), and having it would make transport between their worlds easier and faster, not to mention "cheaper" (since they had to blow up the fucking Citadel to try and open one).

(spoiler)
Precisely. Hopefully Valve makes it a tad less predictable than that. I may have missed something during the game, but I'm really curious as to what those weird giant flying maggot things are that kill Eli.

PreviousPage 2 of 6Next