Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Timeline for Portal? [SPOILERS]

Page 1 of 6Next

Ok, so GLaDOS has a copyright of version 1.07 1982

Source: http://www.aperturescience.com/

The calendars all had 1980's dates inside the game.

Is it safe to assume this incident happened waaaay before Black Mesa?

Also, is your main character possible to be Alyx's mom? The picture of Alyx, Alyx's mom, and Eli make me think this to be true.

Thoughts?

I think that the copyright of GLaDOS and the calendars were meant to show that Aperture Science had been around longer than Black Mesa. I'll have to double check my facts but I was lead to believe that the timeline of Portal matches up somewhat with the happenings of Half-Life 1. The next episodes of Half-Life 2, which I already eagerly await, are bound to explain much more about the relation of Aperture and Black Mesa.

pandar wrote:
I think that the copyright of GLaDOS and the calendars were meant to show that Aperture Science had been around longer than Black Mesa. I'll have to double check my facts but I was lead to believe that the timeline of Portal matches up somewhat with the happenings of Half-Life 1. The next episodes of Half-Life 2, which I already eagerly await, are bound to explain much more about the relation of Aperture and Black Mesa.

Pandar, I wanted to mention, "hi! *waves*" i've played in a few games of tf2 w/ you on and off, getting a blasted by your rockets time and again.. haha

Oh, another thing that made me think it was 80s was the radios. Very late 70isk... Just another thought...

Supposedly, according to my brother, he found some kind of timeline on aperature science that details their career.
I thought it was funny, in their early years, supposedly, they designed revolutionary curtain rods among other silly things.

y-aji wrote:
i've played in a few games of tf2 w/ you on and off

My steam friends name is "brysonator", but all other games I go as pandar. If I'm still the pandar of your tf2 nightmares then awesome. :)

lol, i'm pretty sure i am

*EDIT*
I'm pretty sure you are..

y-aji wrote:
Supposedly, according to my brother, he found some kind of timeline on aperature science that details their career.
I thought it was funny, in their early years, supposedly, they designed revolutionary curtain rods among other silly things.

If you go to http://www.aperturescience.com, type LOGON.
Username : cjohnson
Password : tier3

Then, either type DIR for directory or NOTES to go directly to the timeline you're speaking of.

Holy crap. Ok, so the portal technology was created and tested around 1981-1985

Page 1 of 6Next