Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Thinking With Portals Community Event

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

I know me and f0rkz both played TFC for a very long time. And while, yes, it is not TFC: Source like many people wanted it to be, it is still fun. It is it's own game, and in time I think it will come into it's own.

I don't think it is a "competitive" game (and I use that term lightly), it is just a game for fun. I don't think that every single new multiplayer game that comes out should pander to the hardcore, scrimming 7-nights a week sect of the gaming community. A huge majority of gamers aren't in that crowd.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
msleeper wrote:
TFC: Source

Fortress Forever

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Hober wrote:

Yeah exactly, which is a really fun mod too. Well, it will be fun again when they release their patch! But still.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

TF2 is like way more team-oriented than TFC! (in my opinion)
Also TF2, the player classes are balanced better. In TFC I never used the Spy or Pyro...

Now back to topic!! I'd love to play a game with you guys!

Mapster wrote:
To me i find it a joke compared to TFC... the characters look like bloody cartoons.

If you stopped latching on to old games and started thinking what it's all about, you might of read or heard that this is a distinguished graphical style, and Valve aimed for it togo that way.

On a lighter note... <3

I'd love too play.

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

When do we get together?

I love tf2, and as an old tfc veteran, i was screaming like a little girl at 2am when it was released a few weeks ago. Until portal came out, you wouldn't see me doing anything else. Yeah, the grenades are gone, but that's okay, theres still lots of strategies to use.

And, it's not exactly the same, but come on, times change, ideas change. Nothing will be tfc, again, that's just how life works, you cant exactly duplicate that game you loved when you were younger because your mindset changes, and (normally) you dont have months to play the game over and over all day like in childhood.
Plus, sex comes into the picture.. (I was 11 when tfc came out for half life.)

Oh, my God! I just gave an explanation to the fairness of life in gamer form. omfg, i'm such a loser. it's like tfc is someone's dying grandma.

You have to realise that hardware is expanding along with our minds of technological advancement. We're not going to sit here on the pedlestool of yesterday when we can advance our stuffs to make the majority happy.

It seems to me more people are happy with TF2 than people aren't. The ones that aren't happy seem to be a bit to pissed off that TFC is dead now, I have no idea if it is however, not played it for ages. What would you do? Change something to make 500 people happy, or change something to make 5 people happy?

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Thanks to the one or two people who showed up last night. For those of you who did, BOOST MOBILE is all I have to say.

I wasn't aware of any arranged playdate.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

I'd be up for some TF2 when I get net at my apt.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next