Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Thinking With Portals Community Event

Page 1 of 3Next

THinking maybe we should all get together and have bi-weekly gaming events. Since we all have (or should have) tf2 maybe we can schedule group tf2 matches? It would be fun. It seems like were developing a pretty nice community here.

Let's have some fun besides map whoring like the sexy map creating whores we are because to tell you teh truth, i'm tired of selling my body to Hammer for minimum wage.

Portal: Quest for Cake: 5%
[img]www31.brinkster.com/taob1/Signiture2.bmp[/img]

Me and f0rkz have a TF2 community, we'd be more than happy to host gaming nights.

http://www.f7lans.com/

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

All you have to do is to create a group event and we'll all see it. Why not have a poll to see when the best time to hold a tf2 gaming night is?

Portal: Quest for Cake: 5%
[img]www31.brinkster.com/taob1/Signiture2.bmp[/img]

My Clan has 2 TF2 Servers just look for ":N|R: No Remorse Battlion Custom maps coming soon" on your Steam server list.

I just can't get into TF2.. I've played TFC since 2000 and continue to do so believe it or not.. TF2 seems like a severe downgrade in everything except graphics of course, which are pretty much meaningless to me.

I'll probably get called a name for these comments but for real, after playing TFC at a top level for over 5 years.. TF2 is much too slow, one dimensional and just plain boring for me to get any real enjoyment out of it.

I might try and give it a 2nd chance playing with you guys maybe, I only played it for 20-30 minutes before getting bored and going back to HL2 single players & Portal.

Higgs

While I disagree with your opinion of TF2, it is of course yours to have. I've been playing TFC for nearly as long, and I would never go back.

A lot of times a multiplayer experience can be soured by a bad server. Maybe if you get in on some good games with us, we might change your mind? Half an hour hardly seems a fair playtest for such a momentous game.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

I havn' even downloaded TF2 yet.
To me i find it a joke compared to TFC... the characters look like bloody cartoons.
Maybe next month i'll download it and have it a go but until my bandwidth is reset, i'm sticking with Portal and Natural Selection :D

lol@ignorant comments.

TF2 is god and you will bow to him.

TF2 is a guy? :shock:

Mapster wrote:
I havn' even downloaded TF2 yet.
To me i find it a joke compared to TFC... the characters look like bloody cartoons.
Maybe next month i'll download it and have it a go but until my bandwidth is reset, i'm sticking with Portal and Natural Selection :D

Yea that is rather ignorant.. I mean TFC models are cartoony too (well the original ones were).. It has nothing to do with how TF2 looks, in fact I think it looks absolutely spectacular. However, that is really the last thing I look for in a game, how it plays is key.

A big part of my game in TFC was concing, juking, and distraction plays. In TF2 all you do is DM and DM together as a team, thats not really what I want in a fortress game. I can see how a lot of people would be in love with TF2 though.. just not the direction I wanted to see fortress gaming go in. I think I'll just pub like a newb in it every week or so for a little bit.. Definitly can't see me setting aside 2-3 nights a week to play in organized clan matches for nearly a decade like TFC :( Which sucks ass too cause you can win $$$ in TF2, where the fuck was that in TFC??

Anyways...I think this is a good idea, don't get me wrong. Just had an opportunity to share my view on TF2 with you all, so I did ;p

kind of suprised there are ex tfc people here (the community has been severly depleted since 2004).

See you on the battle grounds.

Higgs

Page 1 of 3Next